Friday, April 3, 2009

THE TIME HAS COME!

The time has come for me to officially enter the blogosphere. That is correct, this is Chris. After many months of reading my dear wife's posts and also studying up on good friends' blogs, I've decided I have what it takes to make blogging a weekly habit of mine, perhaps someday morphing into a talent! Now I warn all of you who may read this to expect nothing like what Erin writes. As you all know, Erin is gifted with a number of wonderful talents and personality traits, just one of which is her ability to showcase her wit and spunky personality through writing. Amazingly, this comes naturally to her... I on the other hand, do not have the "spunk" that Erin posesses, and so will attempt to just do my best to entertain.


For a number of months now (possibly years) I have been in dire need of new running shoes, and finally gave in. I've procrastinated this event for a while now for the reason that I'm way to particular and picky about shoes... Growing up, I was allowed to get one pair of shoes a year and so now I rarely venture to the store to purchase (although I always covet them). I figure if I only get one pair seldomly, they had better be AWESOME... so they have to fit just right, they have to be relatively comfortable when I work out in them, they must be casual enough that I can wear them anywhere, and perhaps just as important they must not make me look like a goon with my oversized pigeon-toed feet! Since Erin and I have been married, a new phenomenon has come into my life.... "PEGASUS"


As many of you know, my dad-in-law is a die hard runner and has run in many, many marathons. He swears by these and says they're the best pair of running shoe anyone could buy... I initially thought that a bit extreme considering the multitude of choices out there for purchasing. However, as my need for a running shoe grew, I thought more and more about trying the famed "pegasus" out. I delayed instead and bought a cross-trainer (which I took back), and then bought another shoe (which I took back). So finally, I went to Dick's sporting goods to try them out..... they are heaven. And I currently are wearing them. And I feel like I can run much faster then I really can with them on. In light of my success story, the moral of the story is that dad-in-laws are always right and especially about running shoes. So for all of you other non-believers out there, take it from one who used to be one of you, and let the "pegasus" change your life!














3 comments:

Laura and family said...

Chris, your post came too late! Aaron and I just bought new shoes two days ago. Next time...

and welcome to the blogging world! Aaron can't even get himself to read MY blog half the time, let alone write a post- hahah!

beckster said...

Duly noted. When I get a dad in-law, I shall remember that.

Karen Thomas said...

Maybe it would be good to sort through your father-in-law's recommendations (with the exception of running shoes). Please note that not everyone is worthy of the world's best running shoe. In fact, most runners prefer ASICS or some such off brand. You, however, appear to be one of the chosen. Jedd