Monday, July 13, 2009

My New Job

I got a new job.
Its completely voluntary--no pay.

I'll be working all days, nights, weekends, holidays.

No benefits.

Does that sound like an upgrade or what?

Sure does to me.

That's because he is my only coworker:

And she is my new boss:

(this is what she looked like 17 weeks ago, anyway; she's much plumper now, as am I.)



That's right. I get to be a SAHM.

Things will be tight, but this is what we wanted.

Its whats right for her, for me, for us.

My last day in the traditional labor force is August 7th.

Assuming my new boss doesn't demand my attention earlier.
Which is what I'm totally hoping for.

6 comments:

sam and kyrsten said...

wonderful! congratulations! you will be so happy!

spencerandmolly said...

i'm so glad i found your blog. sorry when i was talking to you on facebook, my connection was horrible. but congrats! that is so exciting you are having a little baby girl. I bet she will be a doll!

Taryn said...

Yeah for staying home with the babe! I am sure you won't ever regret it!

Stacey said...

Congrats!!! You will love it. Seriously, it was the best choice I ever made!

Caroline said...

It's getting so close. Can't wait for the phone call.

Karen Thomas said...

it's the toughest job you'll ever love.