Monday, July 20, 2009

Showered

Lil loves a party.
Especially a party for her.
And July has been full of parties all for her.
She's very popular, considering she's yet to make her appearance.
~
Indiana Shower
Lil's first July party was a shower thrown by the C girls (Chris's mom and 3 sisters). Ladies from the Ward in Indiana, friends from Cincinnati, and many C relatives from Chicago all came to celebrate. That's 3 states. Didn't I say she was popular? The C girls went all out, complete with shower games, chocolate bars in diapers, lots of food, and lots of fun. And everyone was kind enough to bring a gift. I had a good time. Hopefully others agree.
C Family Girls
Famous baby wreath from Lori R.
Beautiful blanket made by Sister H from Cincinnati.
Its so pretty, I'm afraid to let Lil use it!
C Girls at the chocolate fountain.
I think I have a picture of these same girls surrounding a
chocolate fountain at our wedding reception (ha ha!).
Shower favors

~
Work Shower
Lil's next party was a shower thrown by Mary Alice and Kelly, two of my coworkers. I expected it to be relatively low-key, but it was a full-out party. There was so much good food and so many gifts, I was rather shocked. Chris asked "How many people do you work with?" I could only answer "A lot of very generous people." Once again, Lil was showered with quite a party.
~
Checking out the cute carseat toy Lil got.
Sorry, its wiggling so you can't see how cute it is.
Food, favors, gifts
Cute decor
One counselor even made homemade GF cookies. They were de-lish.
Party favors.

Ward Shower

Sadly, I don't have any pictures from the Ward shower. Hopefully I'll be getting some in the near future, because I thought someone took some. Monica, who is the first YW president I served under, offered to throw it for me. The thing you should know about Monica is she is a good version of Martha Stewart. Her food is always delicious, and it looks as good as it tastes. Her house looks like a Pottery Barn magazine. And she is one of the sweetest, most selfless people I know. So when she offered to give me a shower, I was all for it. It was fun and low-key, and it was nice to just visit with ladies from the Ward, some of whom I'd never really talked to before. And the food was amazing: coma-inducing white chocolate strawberries, breakfast casserole, GF brownies, fruit, and a yogurt bar--with homemade yogurt. And of course there were gifts. It was a really nice time, and I even brought home some white chocolate strawberries for Lil's daddy.

~

There is nothing that has shocked me more as we prepare for Lil's arrival than people's generosity. As I look around Lil's room, I can nearly count on my fingers the things bought by Chris and me. We received so many gifts, as well as free gear (like our stroller) and offers of free clothes and toys. Just so many people being willing to give and come to showers has been surprising. We are so grateful for such a great network of amazing and generous people in our lives. I don't know how anyone has a baby without it.

No comments: