Sunday, July 11, 2010

eleven months old.

Eleven months.
I don't even know what to say.
~

Carly, at eleven months you . . .

*are starting to take 2-5 steps on your own here and there. You mostly do it when you don't realize you are, and once to realize it you get nervous and drop into a crawl. And you ONLY walk, assisted or unassisted, when you want to and you initiate it. As with everything, you can't be forced.

*love to share. You love to give me or your daddy your favorite toys, remote control, or cell phone. You even share your food, and learned to feed your daddy your Chex [cutest thing ever, by the way].

*are so lovey. You pick up Rex or David and give them a kiss, then hand it to me to give a kiss, then take it back and give another kiss. You also take one stuffed animal out of the basket at a time and give each one a kiss.

*play . . . for reals. I will chase you, then you chase me. You spit your food out (all over us) then laugh like you are the funniest thing. You are fun and spunky and developing quite the little sense of humor, and its so fun to watch you become more and more of a little girl rather than a baby.

*have caught on to the fact that real food is way better than baby food in jars. I should probably be moving you to more table food, but it makes me nervous.

*climb . . . everything. You like to climb up on the back of the couch, and even climbed from the couch onto the growing stack of boxes in our living room.

*are becoming an independent sleeper. I give you a bottle and you drink as much as you want, then push it away and look at me like "ok, put me down now." I put you down and your eyes are wide open, but you roll around until you are perfectly positioned and then go to sleep. It gives me hope for when we do the no-bottle thing.

*talk more and more. You have new adorable sounds every day. You also continue to growl, and will mimic sounds, such as the "villain laugh" when we throw our heads back and say HA HA HA!

*are beyond delicious. I call you "the bomb diggity" and "the bomb dot com". Daddy calls you "sweetheart". And we can't get over you.

Happy eleven months, Car. We're glad you joined us.

5 comments:

Golden Girl said...

I love the little curls she is getting in the back. She is seriously beautiful!

Becky said...

That is SUCH a cute picture!!! She looks so old and is getting so big!!! Can't wait to see you guys again!!!

Stacey said...

Where has time gone? I can't believe she will be one next month! I have loved 'seeing' her grow up. It happens all to fast. Enjoy it...it just keeps getting better!

Laura and family said...

Not sure how I feel about her being almost one. It's going too fast!! If I feel that way, I can't imagine how you feel. Sigh.

She sure is cute. Sounds like she is just as active as Gabe ;-) Good luck!

Lanenga Family said...

So cute! Where has the time gone?!