Tuesday, July 27, 2010

shriek {!} and awwww.

My boys Sidney and Mario christened the brand new ice in the Pens brand new arena today.
I shrieked when I saw this picture.
Aren't they sooo cute?
Less than two months until the first pre-season game.
Seriously can't wait.
Shrieking again.

~
And in the "awwww" department, Carly has been very clingy lately.
I think its because I spend a great deal of time going through junk and packing, so she hangs out with me and plays while I do so, but I'm often very distracted. So lately she has been coming and sitting right in the middle of what I am doing, or planting herself right on my lap. She also climbs up into my arms and wraps her arms around my neck and gives me big juicy kisses and won't let go. When I'm in the middle of something I'm tempted to get frustrated, but its so incredibly cute that I can't. Anyway, its started to rub off onto her napping habits, and my once fabulous napper will suddenly only sleep in someone's lap or arms. Today I rocked her to sleep in my arms, and she wrapped her arms around my shoulders and buried her face in my neck. It was so delicious. But not very comfortable. After several failed attempts at putting her down in her crib, I finally took her to our bed and laid down with her. She fussed for a bit, but was so exhausted she collapsed onto Chris's pillow and fell asleep in seconds. So I got to lay down next to this for a bit:
[picture from my phone]
Did I already say delicious?
~
And another fabulous phone picture from today:
As my mother said, "She really is in the driver's seat."
Ha!
~
xoxo.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Ugh, she is SO CUTE!!!! Can't even believe how big she's getting. And by the way, Dad and I have a master plan: we're going to come up to Michigan and visit you guys sometime when we can also catch a Michigan State hockey game. Good idea, yes?