Tuesday, July 13, 2010

stacks and stones and the gilmores.

we have stacks of boxes in our living room.
and stacks of randomness about the rest of the house waiting for a box.
we are moving in one month . . . August 13th, to be exact.
crazy.
~
Carly loves the boxes.
She likes to look at me put stuff in them, then take the stuff out.
Its super helpful.
She also likes to scale them.
She is good at scaling things, just can't get back down.
Its a familiar scene, and she also loves to climb on the couches.
~
Chris has kidney stones.
Maybe.
He has something, though the pain isn't quite as severe as your traditional kidney stone, just always there, always painful.
The pain is in his back.
He has also felt nauseous, and has been to the doctor once a week lately.
Maybe he is pregnant.
No, I feel so bad for him, and the antibiotics are only making him feel worse.
Please go away soon, whatever you are.
~
Carly and I are getting back into a routine.
We are trying to resume our walks, though its like 1000 degrees by 10:00 in the morning so I'm going to have to pull things together to get out of the house earlier (Carly traditionally sleeps in til sometime between 9 and 10. De-lish.). Today's walk in the cooler cloudiness lasted over an hour at a rather quick pace. I have a lot of food to work off thanks to our Shrimp Boil vacay.
~
We have a little tradition that after I'm done with the workout portion of our park-time, we swing in the swings and look at the beautiful cardinals and bluebirds and make friends with the bunnies. I will miss this park. Probably the only non-human part of Kville I will miss.
I dare say she loves the swing. Yum.
~
In other C family news, while in Indiana we spotted the final season of Gilmore girls on DVD at Sams Club at an insanely low price. A few years ago I got all the seasons except the last one on DVD really cheap from some distributor from Korea (I'm pretty sure they are legal . . . ) but I've never seen the final season. I'm a major fan of the Gilmores. We brought the final season home and have been watching it non-stop since. On Saturday, I kid you not, we probably watched 6 episodes. And yes, by "we" I mean me and Chris. He likes it too. Anyway, we only have two episodes left, and tonight took a break to watch Deadliest Catch and the All-Star Game (did you know I heart the All-Star Game? I do.) So don't tell me what happens.
~
And some Carly wonderfulness:
mmm . . . pudding.
first night in big girl jammies.
my current fav of her.
she is the sweetest thing.
thats it for now.
xoxo.

6 comments:

Laura and family said...

My dad has been having similar pain! It comes and goes and it's a kidney thing. He's headed to the doctor in an hour. Prayers for both of them!

Carly is edible. If she is any indication, you need to have about 50 babies... ;)

Becky said...

I love that she loves the swings so much! Hope you can get all of your packing done without too much stress and that Chris' mystery problem goes away soon!

Anonymous said...

You're moving on my birthday! So it will be a good day since I will try to send stellar birthday vibes your way.

Cami and Juan said...

That park looks beautiful. Wish I could have park within walking distance that is that beautiful. Good for you getting all packed already.

Unknown said...

I, too, love the Gilmores. And I look forward to owning all 7 seasons. My heart is jealous. I'm sorry about Chris. I hope he gets better soon. And good luck with all the stuff leading up to the move! I hope it goes smoothly.

Taryn said...

You are moving so soon! If you guys happen to be driving through Columbus (or near) you should stop and rest and eat (I will feed you!)

Carly is too cute. Last night I flew through Memphis and holy humidity. It is pretty bad in Ohio too and I don't know if it was the fact that I hadn't felt it for over 2 weeks or what but it about killed me for the short 20 min I spent in it.

Hopefully Chris feels better soon. Maybe gallbladder?