Sunday, July 25, 2010

we live a good life.

I don't have too much to say tonight.
Today was one of those days I wanted to pull my hair out.
Carly won't eat.
And she won't sleep {nap}.
Chris is still under the weather . . . and will return to the doc tomorrow.
Its a million billion degrees here.
Chris took Carly for a ride to try to get her to sleep and she came back totally soaked in sweat. She spent the afternoon screaming . . . pretty sure she was dehydrated but she was so worked up she wouldn't drink a thing. Eventually, I was so clueless on what to do, I actually put the one kids DVD we have (Elmo's World, of all things) in and the strangest thing happened: she sat on my lap and watched it for like 45 minutes. Very un-Carly like to sit still when not asleep. Anyway . . . I'm sick of heat so intense you can't leave the house between 10 am and 6 pm.
So over it.
~
But I had a wonderful day at church.
We were released, which was harder on me than expected. I've spent 2 wonderful years with the Young Women. Its been a bit more tricky since Chris was called to the Young Men, but it has been a blessing to serve.
Oh, and want to hear a funny story?
I was sitting in sacrament meeting and a new couple comes in with a baby in a carseat. Its a common sight in our ward these days, with the new school year approaching. But this carseat happened to be the one that I coveted for Carly (but was a wee bit out of our price range) so my eyes lingered a bit. Then I looked up at the dad carrying the carseat and . . . weirdest thing . . . I knew him. He is from my home town and was my assistant tennis coach when I was in high school (he was a new RM back then). I caught his eye during sacrament meeting and we waved like "Ok, this is a crazy small world." I haven't seen him since my Junior year in high school. Isn't that funny? Anyway, he and his wife and baby boy just moved in, as we head out. Its nice Pocatello will continue to be represented in the ward. Though, they are both very nice so its too bad our stays in Kville didn't coincide.
~
Though Carly has been a bit exasperating lately, she is also delightful.
She has an incredible amount of personality.
100% diva.
But so generous and sweet.
She has a serious thing for her stuffed animal friends. She will reach to them and grunt and give them all kisses and hugs and crush them and rub her face into theirs. Its gotten to the point where I have to cover them with a blanket every night and tell her they are going to sleep, because if she can see them she will never stop wanting them long enough to calm down and go to sleep herself. Really quite cute.
~
The A-List: [L-R] David, Rex, Quentin Bear Cook, Cubbie, Benny, LBP, and Leo.
While packing I found a very old box of Otter Pops that expired a year ago. I was trying to keep Carly entertained, so I let her play with them, thinking she would never actually get them open. Not long later, Chris went in to find her covered in sticky blue liquid. I always underestimate her.
I very rare sight: Carly being still for minutes.
Snuggling Leo, who happens to be as big as she is, before meal time (aka, throw-food-on-the-floor-and-scream time).
I said I didn't have a lot to say, but it looks like I lied.
We live a good life.
~
ps. Two sweet friends lost their dad to cancer today. I was blessed to have him as my basketball coach for a year in high school. Taking into account how much I love my own daddy, I can't imagine the grief they must be experiencing. Today, I mourn with those who mourn, and I'm sure they could use any extra prayer available.

2 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

Hopefully she gets back into eating soon! Maybe she is anticipating the upcoming move and just not liking the transition. Who knows!

Becky said...

I love all of her animals! I'm tempted to get her another one, but I don't know what I'd get her!