Friday, September 10, 2010

happy weekend.

We are certainly happy the weekend is here.
We are wiped out.
Chris sat on the couch today and said "Wow, first full week of PhD school wore me out."
Whats funny?
It wasn't even a full week.
And we'll leave you with another funny story, though it may be funny only to me. A while ago I read an interview by Sidney Crosby where he was asked his favorite hockey movie. His response was "Slap Shot", and I've seen several other hockey players agree. I had never heard of the movie, but the other day we saw it on the $5 rack at Target. We joked about getting it, but when I went back today and saw it had gone down to $4, I thought, what the heck, that's about how much it would cost to rent. So I buy it and bring it home. Chris starts reading the summary on the back and then says "Ummmm . . . this movie is rated R."

You see, I have never seen a rated R movie. The Prophets have always warned against unwholesome media, and they have specifically mentioned rated R movies, so I've made it a goal, no matter how good a movie is, to never see a rated R movie unedited. Personal opinion. I couldn't believe Slap Shot was rated R. Seriously, the cover makes it look like a hockey version of Rudy. I didn't even think to look. Rated R? For reals? Chris and I talked about how it probably has nothing in it, that its the 1975 version of rated R. But we don't do exceptions in the C house. So I dug the receipt out of the garbage, and I will be getting our $4 back. Will I look crazy returning a $4 movie? Probably. But Carly is in need of some new socks. I will use the $4 on that.

Happy Weekend.

No comments: