Tuesday, September 21, 2010

some stuff.

Its only Tuesday.
We have already had quite the week.
~
As I pulled into Church on Sunday, a fellow ward member informed me that I was sporting a very flat tire.
Indeed, it was tres flat.
Thanks to a large and not-so-lovely nail.
Did I mention this tire was a whole 9 days old?
Annoying.
So Monday morning Carly and I head to Sams Club nice and early to give us plenty of time before our Visiting Teaching appointment. I packed her breakfast and everything. Good thing, because we were there for a whopping 2 hours. And were 30 minutes late for our appointment.
At least the new new tire was free under the warranty.
Then we visited our elderly visiting teachee . . . where Carly promptly threw dominoes all over the place.
Good times.
{hanging in Sams . . . forever.}
Monday evening for our FHE activity we went shopping for Spartans shirts in preparation for the football game we will be attending this coming Saturday.
We all look much better in green than we did in orange.
This morning Carly and I went to playgroup.
I do enjoy playgroup.
Its nice to socialize.
And its really nice how much it wears Carly out.
I can count on a good Tuesday afternoon nap.
Knock on wood.
I spent today's nearly 3 hour napping folding a million loads of laundry and watching my new TLC fav, Quints by Surprise. I think they are cute. Fingers crossed they don't end up like Jon and Kate.
{barely surviving after another exhausting playgroup.}
This one is just cute.
I would take a picture, then show it to her on the camera.
She found it highly amusing.
Ok, that's it.
But want to see how crafty I am?
Chris keeps teasing me about how keep painting things.
But on Saturday our ward had "Super Saturday".
One of the projects were these photo blocks where you paint them black/brown/white and put pictures on them. Well, we aren't in need of anymore pictures of ourselves around here, so I decided to bring the purple paint I've been using for things in Carly's new room and make family blocks.
Now she has blocks for all of my family and Chris's family.
Its a little way for her to know her grandparents, aunts, and uncles even though they are so far away.
She already loves playing with them and pointing at each face.
That's all.
Bring on Wednesday.

5 comments:

Lauren Davison said...

Oooh, I LOVE that family blocks idea! Such a cute, fun way to incorporate pics of all the extended family! BRILLIANT!

The Apron Gal said...

she looks perfect in each of those photos and I love the photo blocks! so cute to see her with her, can't wait to see what she is like when Christmas rolls around!

Becky said...

I'm afraid to ask......but which of the family blocks is her favorite???

Laura said...

ok #1 I love Quints by Surpise! #2 i love those block thingies. such a good idea! #3 carly's hair is getting so long #4 i hate waiting for car stuff

Ashley said...

I love the family picture blocks for her to play with. Did you just paint, sand and modge podge? So great!