Wednesday, September 29, 2010

mornings with Carly.

most of the action around here takes place in the mornings.
Carly naps most of the afternoon, so we make sure to get our partying in early.
{sorry, all pictures from my phone. my camera had a stroke.}
~
Sometimes there is morning mirror time (closely supervised) while mommy tries to pull herself together and not look like death.
Often there is morning playing in the car time. Carly gets cabin fever easily, so we walk outside. She knows exactly which car is ours and loves nothing more than playing in the front seat. She will walk over to the car and pull on the door handle and scream until I let her in. Obviously a very good habit.
But she is all smiles once we're up there.
 If she is good in a store, I reward her with some front seat time in the parking lot, though that often leads to lots of screaming when its time for her to get strapped in her carseat.
One morning there was even a park adventure. It was supposed to be a workout for yours truly, but Carly prefers to push rather than to be pushed. And I didn't get much of a workout at her pace. Though she did, pushing her stroller up a grassy hill.
 Windy morning. REALLY windy morning. Carly wasn't sure what to make of it.
 Play group mornings! Our favorite. Though this week we were the only ones to show up. A little rain didn't scare us away. (See how desperate we are to get out?)

 Play group is held in the backyard of some older ward members, who built a wonderland for their grandkids. Its fabulous.
 Morning time on the front step with Little Red Riding Hood. I always sit on the step, and lately she has been mimicking me. Only so much better. She will walk toward the step, then about 3 feet away she stops, turns around and slowly walks backward until she reaches it. Then she takes a seat right next to me.
Cutest thing on earth.
 This morning we had two firsts: Carly's first bleeding wound. A scrape on her elbow.

And her first temper tantrum in public.
Being the mean mom that I am, I wouldn't let her pull all the greeting cards out of the holders at Target. She was really not happy about it, so she threw herself on the floor face down and kicked her legs and screamed. So what is a good mom to do but whip out her phone and take a picture?
It was hilarious.
I know it won't always be, but today it was.
I said, "Ok, Shmarly, get up now."
And walked away.
And she went quiet and got up and followed me.
What are the chances that will work every time?
I sure love my mornings with my girl.

5 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

I love that cute outfit with the gray leggings. Love the Target tantrum, of course you would want a picture of that! Ha ha. And she snapped right out of it, piece of cake.

Becky said...

I swear, she is the cutest child ever! And that temper tantrum thing is hilarious! Way to be, Mama!

Laura said...

hahaha. so funny. love the picture of the temper tantrum. I also love her bibs in everypicture. Makes me laugh. I am pretty sure we are in for some bad temper tantrums one day. Eliza has no patience, and I am pretty sure she is back talking me already but I just can't understand what she is saying yet. sighhhh...

Lauren Davison said...

Emily has mini tantrums, too, but I am LOVING your solution. :) I paused and imagined Carly walking backwards towards the step, and got a good laugh in. Thanks for that!

Lisa C said...

What amazing adventures you are having! You will never be bored!