Tuesday, March 8, 2011

college girl.

We have had a lovely last several days.
We've hung with friends.
We've had family of three time.
We've just been doing our thing.

[came in from the kitchen to find Carly had pulled the changing pad out of my purse, opened it, pulled a diaper and wipes out, and then lied down. think she wanted a diaper change? hi-larious.]

Technically it is Chris's spring break, though we kicked it off with a snowstorm over the weekend and Chris has had to work most of the day Monday and today. But Monday morning he took off and we went shopping. And we actually bought stuff. Our tax return came it, and while we tuck our tax returns away for a rainy day, we decided to get a few prizes. I got some shorts to run it, Chris got some pants to teach in, and Carly got a dress to wear in the warm sunshine, assuming it ever shows up.

[she is becoming a towel hoarder: "two towels! two towels! two towels!"]

Last Friday (this post isn't very chronological, sorry) Chris was set to have long day so I decided Carly and I would go on a mommy daughter date. We went shopping at Target with gift card numero 2 (merci, ma mere) and then got lunch at Qdoba. Can I just tell you Carly is an excellent shopper already and I'm not sure if that is good yet. She will go through the clothes on the rack one at a time, just like I do. Then she will choose something (often something pretty cute and near her size) and walk over and throw it up into my cart. It is hilarious. And Carly had the folks going at Qdoba. People were telling her how beautiful she was and she would walk over to them and say "Hiiiii" and wave and do her big cheesy smile that gets people every time. What a ham. It was a fun afternoon. I would totally do mommy-daughter dates more often except it must have been so fun that she refused to nap when we got home. I almost died that day.

[enjoying a fork full of guac at Qdoba. photographic proof she's my daughter.]

Then today we headed to campus to visit Chris.
Right when we got out of the car Carly started walking down the sidewalk like no big deal.
What a college girl.

[making a new friend]

Chris's office is pretty much a Carly dreamland, with tons of stuff to look at and play on and get into.

[getting her VO2 max tested]

We took Chris lunch and enjoyed Jimmy Johns together.

[chris poses with his daughter, while carly poses with her chip]

Carly and daddy played.
When it was time to go, I put her coat on and my coat on and she kept pointing to Chris's coat and yelling "coat! coat!". She knew if he didn't put his coat on, he wasn't coming with us. We walked to the front door of his building and I told her to say goodbye to daddy. She started sobbing and clung to his sweatshirt.
She sure loves her daddy.

And now here it is 3:30 and she is upstairs wide awake in her crib, having never taken a nap.
Seriously?
We're never doing anything fun again.

xoxo.

1 comment:

Cami and Juan said...

I love her little shoes. They make her look like a college girl. I love mommy/daughter dates! It's so much fun having a little sidekick.