Wednesday, March 30, 2011

things.

 Carly has been rocking a new accessory. A "purse" (my old toiletries bag) filled with: a tampon, a "bracelet" (plastic ring from a scarf I bought), a travel-sized sewing kit, and two towels.
You just can't get by without the essentials.
She has entered this phase where I feel like she could just care less what I say.
Like, oh, thats nice, mommy, but I'm going to do whatever I please.

She is also falling all over the place, resulting in scratches on her arms, hands, and . . . forehead.

And she is obsessed with the p-a-r-k.
I have to spell it out to Chris because if she hears the word she immediately runs to the door and says "swing! swing!" Never mind that its 30 degrees outside.

I'm trying to teach her to pick up after she makes a mess. Today I sat on the floor for 15 minutes trying to get her to pick up the cotton balls she had found and spread all over the place. I had nothing but time, but she was dying to go downstairs. Finally she came and pointed at the cotton balls and looked at me and said "pease." Ha! I explained that I didn't throw them all over the floor, so I was not responsible for picking them up. It took a long time, but she finally got them all back into the bag. I applauded her and said yay! and cheered. I think she thought she just scored a goal.

Poor Chris is busy.
Very busy.
And I'm lame because he has these long hard days and I'm like "I'm going to the gym this night, and girls night out this night, and I've got this on this night." He is the most selfless person I know. I'm working on being more like him in that way.

Actually my life goal today is to stop being the messiest person in the world.
That means actually doing dishes and folding laundry during naptime instead of watching Marie Antoinette and The Young Victoria and reading the Pens website.

[and they call it monkey love.]

I found Carly the cutest Easter dress ever at the Maxx. I was in love with this one from Gap, but only crazy people spend $50 on a baby dress (sorry if thats you . . .) so I kept searching, convinced I'd never find one I liked as much. I don't know, I'm a bit obsessed with the idea of Easter dresses. Maybe because I always got one in my Easter basket and I seem to remember feeling extra dressy on Easter, because Easter was an extra special day. Anywho, I found one I actually like more at the Maxx for a whopping $12.99. I realized its kind of the same color as last year's but a bit darker pink. Oh, well. It's fab. Aren't you excited to see it?


I've got to go.
I'm supposed to be being not-messy.

xoxo.

1 comment:

The Bubblegum Chronicles said...

Haha! I love the essentials in the purse! What a cutie!
Can't wait to see the Easter dress!