Sunday, May 22, 2011

we're the three best friends that anyone could have.

Once again, we've had a nice week.
Chris is getting home around 5-ish every day, instead of 7 or 8 like he was during the semester, so it feels like he is around all the time! I'm never ready for him when he gets home. ha! No, we love having him around, though I think Carly wants him home ALL the time. I get asked "Where dada go?" or if we can "go see dada?" several times a day.

[carly and her posse watching "go!", aka Diego]

On Monday, Chris's mom and two of his sisters, Jenny and Sarah, came up to visit from Indiana. Carly was quick to learn "Jen" and "Saaa", she just had a little trouble remembering which was which. But she got lots of attention, and even kind of learned "grandma". On Monday night we enjoyed a Texas Roadhouse dinner, then watched a superbly edited version of The Hangover. I'm positive that movie is filthy in its original form, but edited it was probably one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Even if it did suddenly jump from one scene to the next a time or two.

The next day Jenny and I got our workout on at the gym, then we all headed up to lunch at Jimmy Johns and a walking tour of campus. Sadly, it was freezing cold. But we still had fun and saw squirrels and MSU is always beautiful.

[Carly, Jen, and Saaa]

[campus tourists.]

[carly sure loves grandmas.]

While on campus, we headed over to the bookstore and made sure to go to the MSU Dairy Store.
If you ever make it to the MSU Dairy Store, Buckeye Blitz will probably change your life.

[mommy's little shopping pro.]

[carly taste-testing grandma's pistachio ice cream.]

Then we just hung out and chatted.
They left that evening, which was too fast.
We like visitors (hint hint).

[beautiful mess.]

Wow, I'm having trouble remembering the rest of the week.
It rained for 800 days in a row and when we would drive by the park poor Carly would sadly say "slide wet, swing wet".

On Friday I went to our ward's Girls Night Out. I've missed the last few months so it was so nice to go. Except I was out until 1:30, then got home and hadn't seen my husband in days, so we chatted until 3. Now, I'm a night owl, but even I felt the effects of going to bed at 3 am.

On Saturday we got some sunshine. So of course we took Carly to the "big park" and tried to jog along the wooded trail. It was beautiful, but I am just not a trail jogger.


And finally, we had a nice Sunday.
I taught a lesson.
I have to say, I'm pretty sure I have the best calling in the church.
I teach once a month, I get to teach General Conference talks, and I have an awesome Relief Society that teaches me more than I could ever teach them.
Chris has strict instructions to never let the Bishopric release me.
Ever.

Then I took a two hour nap and Chris made us french toast for dinner.

[a daily event: watching for daddy to get home.]

I know.
We're not very exciting.
We're just in a groove these days, and enjoying being the three best friends that anyone could have.



xoxo.
ps. look who was trending on twitter a few days ago.
I always knew she was meant to do big things.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Where did you get the edited version of the hangover? I would love to send it to Aaron!!

Laura and family said...

Ugh, did it again. Our FRG e-mail is gmail so it signs me in as the 594th. Ha!

Rebecca said...

You guys do have a lot of fun. wow- did not know you stayed out for long on Fri. I am a wimp!
Keep running outside- it's awesome and I 'm jealous!:0

thomasologie said...

you had me at the title alone. hahaha. brit and i did the same thing, and laughed ridiculously hard. i sure miss you and your sweet little girl. but i love reading your blog, it makes me happy and giggle. :) hope all is well!
addie