Wednesday, September 14, 2011

the handygirl, the artist, the princess.

Carly has been expanding her horizons a bit the past . . . while.
I'm losing track of time.

But this past weekend, Chris finally put the license plate frame I got a while ago on my car.
And he wasn't short any help.


We replaced the Chicago Cubs frame, that broke quite a while ago and just read "Chicago".
I'm loving my new MSU Hockey frame.
Doesn't it look pretty?

Oh, but Carly.
Yes, she liked helping daddy quite a bit and carried the wrench around saying "Carly's wrench".
And she did it all in a dress.

My friend recently started doing a simple craft every morning with her little boy.
I thought that was a brilliant idea, and wanted to do something similar.
I'm not quite at a feeling-good-enough place to tackle anything major or do it every morning, this morning we sat on the kitchen floor and painted with water colors.
The girl loved it.
She was kind of driving me bonkers because she would put the brush in the color and then the water, so we painted mostly with water, but it was good for her to learn and experience something new. And she asked several times throughout the day to do it again, so this craft thing just might be a keeper.

I took an idea from Pinterest, but found two problems.
1) It is really hard to make a C out of tape.
2) When I peeled the take off it totally tore the paper. I was annoyed.

We're still calling it a success, though we both had paint all over our hands, and one of us had it on our nose.
Carly was very concerned about her dirty hands.
For how wild she is, she sure can be a princess.

Speaking of princesses . . . .

Oh, I introduced this girl to Tangled and she is a fan. And we happened to have a box of dress-up princess clothes that Chris's aunt gave her in July as an early birthday present. The first thing she asks for when she wakes is the princess dress. And its often a fight to get her to take it off when we go somewhere. She also likes her crown and her wand and necklaces and these little pink shoes that came with it all. And the best part? There are two crowns. So I get one too.


Last but not least: where has sidewalk chalk been all my life?
Why have I not been utilizing this tool all summer?
I just bought some yesterday and it has provided endless entertainment that requires me to exert very little energy. We are fans. Even though when I draw a kitty she calls it a pumpkin and when I draw a dog she calls it a "moo". And she just gallops through the hopscotch instead of actually hopping.
We're working on it.

xoxo.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Yay! How fun for you guys. Painting with water is one of taydens favorite things to do! He loves to paint with water outside too. We just give him an old foam brush and a bucket of water- he'll paint for an hour! So glad Carly had fun. And she is possibly the cutest princess ever!

Becky said...

That's just awesome. I love this child! Does this mean she might actually be interested in the other princesses at some point??? =)