Saturday, September 17, 2011

man, i feel like a woman.

There is some good news coming from the C House.
From about 11 am to about 5 pm, I feel . . . alive.
As long as I nap during Carly's nap from 1-3.

I mean, this week I waxed my eyebrows for the first time in about 5 weeks.
My face looks brand new.
And I painted my toenails for the first time in two months.
And Carly's too.

And I took Carly to preschool skating with a friend.
She lasted a whole 45 seconds on the skates, and I snacked on a GF bagel the whole time, but she had fun running around the rink in the strobe lights, staring at the giant kangaroo doing the hokey pokey, and playing with hula hoops.
We'll have to go again.


And I went shopping with another friend.
I saw this little lovely and it came home with me.
Skip Hop diaper bags are way nice and cute, but way expensive.
But at TJMaxx it was perfect early-birthday-present price.
I'm sure Deux is thrilled.


 And thanks to my new flavor fav Pinterest, we're trying new things.

I made these today for our ward picnic.
Seriously yum and seriously easy.

And Carly had "lights" in her bath tonight.
It was a hit.


So while I don't expect to feel well anytime soon (according to the Carly-pregnancy timeline I've got a good 7 weeks of sickness left), at least we're no longer on the couch all day, every day . . . just most of the day, most days. Ha!

Hope you're well.
xoxo.

(Oh, and sorry for a post of blurry pictures. Cameras don't work well in the dark, it turns out.)

3 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

Seriously cute toe nails. And you got out a lot this week, I LOVE the diaper bag.

Rebecca said...

You made those...they were yummy! It is just rolo's or what?

Jan Fisher Clark said...

Erin!! I just found your blog and I love it!! YOu are the best mom!!! Seriously. Carly is beautiful and it's good to see you doing well (even though you have been sick-- it's still a good kind of sick!) Miss you!! xoxo