Wednesday, September 21, 2011

hum your favorite hymn.

I was hunched over the toilet this morning, sitting on Carly's bathroom stool (why have I never done that before? way better than kneeling on the floor). Out of the blue, the words to a hymn popped into my head:

There is a green hill far away,
Without a city wall,

Where the dear Lord was crucified,
Who died to save us all.


We may not know, we cannot tell,
What pains he had to bear,
But we believe it was for us
He hung and suffered there.


There was no other good enough
To pay the price of sin.
He only could unlock the gate
Of heav’n and let us in.


Oh, dearly, dearly has he loved!
And we must love him too,
And trust in his redeeming blood,
And try his works to do.

I have no idea how or why or what that song has to do with puking.
But instead of feeling hopelessness, I felt hope.
And instead of crying, I laughed.

And I knew we'd be ok, even if we watched 3 movies in a row this morning.
And I knew that Deux is someone special.

xoxo.

2 comments:

Becky said...

This is really neat, Erin. I'm glad you had this moment today. I know you can do it! Can't wait for Deux to start behaving his/herself and let Mommy have a break! =)

Taryn said...

Great story. Sometimes the inspiration/motivation/Spirit comes at the most unexpected yet needed times. It still might be hard, but you can do it. And like you said, it WILL be worth it in the end!!!

PS I still hope you stop puking soon. Real soon.