Monday, March 3, 2008

These are a Few of Our Favorite Things . . .

A few simple pleasures we are grateful for in our lives:

Erin

1. Chocolate: Chocolate is something I enjoy so much I had to sign a contract with Chris to promise I would stop eating it because I was ADDICTED. I take chocolate in all shapes and forms, but my all time favorite is a classic Snickers bar. I cannot explain how good they are to me; its really probably not healthy for my mind (not to mention my body).



2. Hannah Montana: Ok, I have the musical tastes of a 12-year-old (we won't get into my fetish with High School Musical). But Hannah Montana (Miley Cyrus) has some really entertaining music. Its fun and has a good beat--I especially like working out to it. Another wonderful thing: no dirty lyrics! This is rare these days. Instead, her lyrics tout ideas like "Nobody's perfect, I gotta work it again and again 'til I get it right." I would take that message over "Hit me, baby, one more time" any day.

3. Our Bed: It is by far the best purchase we have ever made. Chris did such a good job finding it and it is so perfect. It is one of those pillowtop mattresses that is incredibly comfortable. That satisfaction you feel at the end of the day when you finally reach bed is even better;-) The only problem: it makes it really hard to get out in the morning!

4. Ziplock Zip n' Steam bags: Chris and I never got around to purchasing a veggie steamer, but while that plan is on the back-burner, I have really grown to love these Ziplock steamer bags. Just put the veggies (or a variety of other things) in the bag, zip it up, and stick it in the microwave. They are a little expensive, but I've discovered you can rinse them out and REUSE them, which is great (don't tell the Ziplock company about that one).

5. Provo City Library: This is a very recent discovery, but I'm very excited to take advantage of it. I got a library card this week and while we were there we realized you can not only check out books, but CDs, books on tapes, and DVDs (REAL DVDs--like movies you acutally want to watch that you would get at Blockbuster for $5). I'm really excited for this summer too so I can do some reading for pleasure instead of by force.

Chris

1. Cheeseburgers: While I perfer the sweet things in life, Chris prefers the greasy. While he is so good about eating healthy, his real craving is for big delicious cheeseburgers. On our Honeymoon we ate at a variety of places throughout the week--he managed to eat a burger at every one.


2. Hazelnut creamer: Chris has a really passion for hot chocolate--if you know his mom and sister Becky, you know its a family thing. One thing we've discovered is hazelnut coffee creamer. It tastes so delicious in hot chocolate and puts an amazing twist on a winter classic.

3. Cubs.com: Chris is a SERIOUS Cubs fan, something that has actually rubbed off on me. So far from Chicago, he really depends on Cubs.com to keep him in touch. This summer we lived out there and got all the Cubs games on TV. I don't know what he'll do this summer without that--he'll be on Cubs.com even more!

4. Dogs: Chris has a love for dogs that has, once again, also rubbed off on me. He grew up with dogs, while I didn't, and he has really taught me the great aspects of a good dog. This might embarass him but he LOVES dogs, and I think it is SO CUTE (now he is really embarassed). His dog at his parents' house, Sammie, is a perfect example of a dog that bring real joy into your life.

5. Law and Order: SVU: While this show often scares me to death, Chris loves staying up 'til all hours of the night watching reruns on USA. The main characters are complex and interesting, and Chris says he "likes watching the really bad guys get caught at the end."

Chris AND Erin (We are one now, after all)



1. The Office: Its actually painful to watch when you first get started, but when you become accustomed to the humor it is painfully hilarious. We especially like the opening scenes, which are always original and so funny. And the theme music during the credits is classic; music for the soul. "Bears . . . beets . . . Battlestar Galactica"


2. Wimbledon: Roger. . . Rafa . . . Roger . . . Rafa. Tennis is so great, especially in a classic tradition like this. Watching the green grass wear away and British people eat strawberries and cream has become a July tradition, espcially when Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal are playing.

3. "Magic Mix": Magic Mix is a creation of Chris's brilliant culinary mind. It is breakfast potatoes, onions, green peppers, scrambled eggs, little smokies, cheese, ham, and Chris's special blend of spices all thrown into our largest pan and cooked together. Then you eat it in tortillas like a burrito. It may sound like your basic breakfast burrito, but when you cook it all together it is an entirely new world.

No comments: