Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Cooling Off

I started a long political post.
But I'm too tired.
And I had a bad morning.
And I'm sick of hearing/talking/seeing anything about it.

I'm ready for a break from this whole political thing.

So I won't be turning the TV on to anything but ESPN.
And the computer will only be used for blogging and watching Penguins games.
And I'm going to watch Cool Runnings over and over again.

Yeah, I said Cool Runnings.
Have you seen Cool Runnings?
Its the best movie ever. I'm not even kidding. We watched it on Sunday night and it was so hilarious. I was laughing the whole time. And the story is really touching too. The way they overcome all the odds. And the ending isn't what you expect, its better. And at the end Junior's rich dad is there wearing a Jamaica t-shirt and Junior is so happy and the dad is cheering and before you know it you're crying during Cool Runnings--its that kind of good. Plus, its got that whole Olympic spirit thing going for it. And I heart the Olympics.
Anyway, its definitely worth your time.

Wait! I'm going to say something about yesterday's results. Kevin Johnson is now the mayor of Sacramento. My Kevin Johnson. He played on the Suns during their glory days when we lived in Arizona when I was a kid and I had his shoes! I loved those KJ shoes. I always say if I could find some now I would totally wear them. Maybe I'll check ebay. But now he is the mayor! Isn't that nice? My wonderful husband brightened my bad morning by texting me that this morning.
I heart KJ.
But in all seriousness, if you look here, you'll see all the hot-button state initiatives voted on yesterday. Prop 8 in California is not called yet, but as of right now, its got 52% with 95% of the precincts reporting. And if you look at the other ones, all the Protection of Marriage initiatives around the country voted on yesterday were passed. At least one thing went right yesterday (other than the whole KJ as mayor thing, that is).

No comments: