Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Grown-Up Christmas List

Wowzah. I'm so sorry for being such a Debbie Downer yesterday! I'm not sure what that was all about. I wrote it in a few moments of emotion and before you know it it was up there for all the world to see! Hazard of having a blog, I suppose. Its funny though because I tend to get over things quickly. Last night I posted that just before 5 and then got off work and had a good hour-long work out. I felt a billion times better after that and was in a great mood. Unfortunately, during my moment of emotion I had a break at work and called and told Chris all my "problems". So 2 hours later after my workout he had been worrying about it all afternoon and I had already gotten over it. I saw him and could tell he was upset and I was like "What's wrong?". I know, really perceptive of me.

Anyway. I am SO excited for Thanksgiving in Indiana and SO excited to go to Idaho in December. Those are very happy things that I'm looking forward to.

Moving on. Have you ever heard that song (I've only heard it sung by Mariah Carey) called "Grown Up Christmas List"? She talked about how as a grown-up she wants peace and happiness and love, blah blah blah. Its a really good song, actually, and its been in my head (even thought I try to kick it out because NO Christmas music before Thanksgiving!), but it got me thinking. Chris and I have both really struggled to put together Christmas lists this year. For me, its gotten to a point where all I want is Christmastime. Not presents, just the season--because I LOVE Christmas and December 26th is the most tragic day ever. That's why this year all I really wanted from my parents was plane tickets home--and that's what we got (Thank you, Mom and Dad!!).

But there is something else that comes along with a "grown-up"Christmas list--the desire for things you can't have/can't ever afford. Here we go, its picture time.

My "Grown-Up" Christmas List~~

1. Christian Louboutin heels. Aren't they gorgeous? They go for around $1000.



2. Honda CR-V. My dream car. Not super fancy, but perfect just for me.

3. A trip to Germany during Christmas to see the Christmas Market.
This is where C served his mission (Munich) and
I really want to go and see where he spent 2 years of his life and
had so many experiences and memories.
And he LOVED the Christmas Markets.

And while we're there, we'll go see this, because it was in his mission too
but he never got to see it.

4. A trip to Bora Bora with my hub. This is my all time dream vacation--in a little
hut with glass floors where you can see the fish underneath you.
5. One of these for C
and one of these for me.
6. And if you give an E a puppy (or 2),
she is going to need a yard to go with it.
7. And what do yards come with?

What's on your "grown-up" Christmas list??

1 comment:

Michael said...

I think I would go the way of Ed Norton's character in the Italian Job and just copy your wish list--those things all look great. Except, I'll pass on the shoes. And I want a canoe.