Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's About Time

So I haven't really had the best day. The phone won't stop ringing at the office and I've been the only one answering it because who knows where S**** has been all day or who she has been talking to on her phone ("Girl, he's all up in your business!"). Most days I seriously don't care, other than the fact that I still feel like I am flying by the seat of my pants in this job sometimes, but today I was tired and grumpy. And it smelled like stale coffee. Gag me with a wooden spoon. I'm really a typically happy person, so I've been wondering all day whats wrong with me today (other than the tired and coffee smell thing, that is--and NO I'm not pregnant, and NO its not that time of the month).

Then it hit me.
And here we have Idaho.

I'm homesick. Horribly, tragically homesick. It only took 3 months, but I'm finally there. I think its because its cold outside, but it will never snow. Its because last night I told Chris it will be weird to see real mountains again--because I couldn't remember really what it was like to be surrounded by them. Maybe because I have never spent one single Thanksgiving in my entire life away from my mommy and daddy, and this year I'm doing exactly that (not that I'm not excited for my first Conn Fam Thanksgiving, but you know what I'm saying). Or maybe it was the Christmas music playing in Walmart last night. Since when did I spent Christmastime in Knoxville, TN? I heard "I'll Be Home for Christmas", and I will be home for Christmas (I cannot wait!!) but not until then. And then I'll come back and won't be home again for who knows how long (except hopefully in April for graduation, but other than that I mean). I was really good at being a big girl so far from home, but I tap out--at least for today.
So, to make things infinitely worse, I picked a few pictures of things I'm missing. Good therapy, I know.
BYU. Isn't she pretty? And Y mountain. And mountains. This is home, too. And its weird that its been so long since I've been home.

A very T Fam Thanksgiving. Remember last year how fun it was to do Christmas card pictures, T Fam? Ha ha. This picture perfectly displays how "fun" it was. If only I'd gotten a picture of B on his cell phone.

Family. Yeah, my hubby looks sexy in this picture, I know. I miss my brothers, even the one who's not in this picture.

Rocco's cooking. My dad is a master in the kitchen. He and my mom are quite the Thanksgiving team. Every Thanksgiving I wake up to burning eyes because my dad is chopping onions for his famous stuffing.

My mommy. I love her.

Temple square Christmas lights. We will be coming West for Christmas, but I'm not sure we'll be there long enough to make it to Temple Square. Its truly the most beautiful place in the World at Christmas time.

For the Record:

Things that save me

1. C

2. Working out when I don't have a cold or mysterious foot bruises.

3. Penguins games online

4. A blog where I can vent and post pictures nobody but me wants to see.

6 comments:

beckster said...

Oh, Erin. You and me both. Granted, I am spending this thanksgiving with my fam, but it will be the first one in 4 years. I miss my BYU and my mountains, too! And I loved your pictures. Vent away, sister-in-law! My turn next.

Jason and Jessie said...

I'm sorry to hear that you are home sick. I get like that too sometimes, but I only have an hour to drive home. So... you have my sympothy. Hopefully things will get better!

Michael said...

We miss you too. We get Erin-and-Chris withdrawals. It will be fun to see you at Christmastime! Until then we press on in our adventures and duties--it will give us fun things to catch up on when we reunite.

Laura and family said...

Want to trade? This is my first Thanksgiving away from Indiana!

We'll be in Utah, and I'll make sure to take a billion pictures of the temple lights for you. This will be my first time seeing them!

Lauren Davison said...

I love all the pictures! :) Love love love. Or.... heart? Take your pick. :) We miss you!

Karen Thomas said...

everytime i move the ketchup out of the way to get to the miracle whip i think of you and chris. can't wait to get you here.

we finally got our computer back after having it in the shop for a week and a half. i have alot of blogs to read. love you both tons. mom