Thursday, November 13, 2008

Milestone

Not gonna lie.
I've been stressed about this post.
Not even kidding.
It's really not a big deal, but its my 100th post!
I wanted to do something really cute and clever to celebrate.
So I've been putting it off while waiting for my creative juices to flow.
Alas, I was bamboozled by
my total lack of creativity--
and lots and lots of high school transcripts--
and a debilitating cold that will not leave me alone.
So this is what I ended up with:Nice. I know.

I was reminiscing last night about how I started this blogging thing in the first place. My sister-in-law, Cam, had/has a blog. She's a creative genius, though, and her blog is exceptional (check it out), so I felt a little intimidated. But it looked like fun, so I figured why not. Chances of anyone actually reading it were slim. Little did I realize there is a huge universe of bloggers out there--and in no time I was finding old/new/current friends to keep in touch with.

My first post was about C's adventures in applying for graduate school. I remember writing it. I remember "knowing" he was going to go to BYU (life, its so twisty-turny). We were sitting in our History of Creativity class. It was a night class--2 1/2 hours long. So I wrote it and figured out the pictures and everything--I pushed "publish post" and there it was! I was so proud. However, I didn't actually tell anyone about the blog until a few posts later.

I really love my blog. Its fun to have a place to say whatever you want, from the meaningless to the meaningful, from the major to the mundane, I share it all here. And I've realized that I switch off between writing about my (our) doings and my (just my, usually) thinkings. I like that. I've also become more comfortable in my blogosphere skin. Not too worried about sounding smart or exciting. Just write what I think/feel/want to. I like that too.

I want to thank my readers (BOTH of you!) and anyone else who's ever skimmed across my crazy thoughts--especially if you left comments. I heart comments.

I'm getting sentimental. I'm not sure why. It's November 13th! Where did November go? Where did 2008 go?! How did all the sudden my little baby blog with 3 posts on it grow to the big 100 mark? What's with time and the way it always flies? Like I said, I'm getting sentimental.

Anyway, there you have it.
My 100th post in all its glory.
I'm glad its done with, actually.
Now I can stop stressing and move on to 101.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post! I stressed too much about my 200th, that I just didn't do anything special. Maybe for 250. I like your blog--keep it up!

Caroline said...

Congrat's Erin. I guess is the one place that I am younger than you. You are a great blogger! Miss you

Lauren Davison said...

WOOHOO!!! What a momentous day! :)

Melissa The Beautiful said...

That is exciting! Getting to a 100 posts is pretty momentous! And I love reading your blog!

Cam said...

Aw, you are sweet. I'm so glad I got to be the one to turn you on to blogging. =) Definitely a milestone! I don't even think I've broken 50 yet. =) (and don't worry, I get sentimental over my blog too... hehe)

sam and kyrsten said...

your such an entertaining writer. im glad you have made it this far.. keep up the good work! :)