Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Ghost or a Goblin or a Goul???

Today we went to Kentucky and saw gas for $1.96. Not even kidding.

Anyway. Our Halloween week was a little less festive than we would probably prefer, but the results were worth it. C has this super-evil mega hard exercise physiology class. It is taught by the department head and is supposedly the toughest class he will face for his entire degree. Anyway, he had his second test in this class on Halloween. Therefore, every night of Halloween week was spent studying. I went to the Ward's Trunk or Treat by myself. We didn't have a chance to carve pumpkins. But C blew his test out of the water. He worked so hard and I'm so proud of him. He's such a smarty! So even though Halloween week was completely insane, his success made it worth the effort. And Halloween night he ordered a large pizza and ate the whole thing in one sitting. He deserved it.
As for my Halloween: we had a party at work and a lot of people dressed up. It was a fun, relaxed day, even though work is getting crazy thanks to the approaching application deadlines. I ended up going as the traditional vampire. I haven't gone as something "traditional" since I was six and went as a witch. That Halloween was horrible because I had green makeup all over my face and it itched so bad. I think I itched it all off by the end of the night. Anyway, I was quite the striking vampire--I won scariest costume.
Ok, some pictures.
The office party was pot-luck, so I decided to try out some Peanut Butter Swirl bars (gluten-free, mind you!) from Melissa's blog. They were a huge hit with the folks. Here is me melting the white chocolate chips. For the Ward Trunk or Treat on Wednesday I went as a baseball player because I hadn't decided what to be yet, hence the black lines under my eyes.
The final product. I added food coloring to try to get the white chocolate/peanut butter part to look orange, then topped it off with some plastic spiders. Crafty, I know.
Me and Mary Alice (my friend at work--yes, I have a friend!!)
UT Undergrad Admissions Staff (well, the cool ones who dressed up, anyway).
Happy Halloween!! This is how we spent the night: at home in PJ's watching The Bodyguard on Oxygen and then I fell asleep at 10:30. Ha ha--we are such party animals. It was sad though because I had a bowl of candy all ready and we did not get one Trick or Treater. Tragic.

C's well-deserved pizza.

So the craziest thing happened on the way to Kentucky (we went for yet another swim meet). It was a clear sunny day (it has been 70 degrees the last few days). We were driving and all the sudden a wall of fog came up in front of us. We drove through it and could not see in front of us or around us at all. It was crazy. Then all the sudden the fog was gone, and it was clear blue and sunny again. I looked behind us and there was a cloud on the ground. It was so crazy. Not a cloud in the sky--turns out thats because the clouds were on the ground!!

The only picture I got in Kentucky. C and sister Becky cheer on Jenny.

There you have it.

Happy November.

3 comments:

Karen Thomas said...

you are the cutest vampire ever. alot cuter than that guy they got to play edward in twilight. boo.

congrats to genius chris.

love
mom

Member of the Fam said...

Ditto to the cutest vampire and genius Chris comments because they were my thoughts nearly exactly. There they were when I went to write them.

Lauren Davison said...

Hooray for Chris! :) And nice work on your costume, too!