Wednesday, October 14, 2009

11 lbs 8 oz of pure yummy.

Carly had her 2 month check-up this week, complete with a colon check and 3 shots. It was not at all enjoyable for her or her mother. We cried together. The colon check took place before the shots, so Carly was already screaming by the time the shots were given. The nurse said it was nice not to be the one to make the baby upset. Carly's pediatrician, Dr. P, started off with a rather happy and adorable baby. While we were waiting for her to come in, I captured this:

(Its two minutes long, but so adorable. She just smiles and talks and looks cute the whole time. And I, of course, sound like an idiot.)

Anyway, Carly is perfectly average in all things physical (but of course way above average in intellect). After that traumatic visit, Carly was rather whiny and needy the rest of the day. But I like snuggling with her, so it wasn't too bad. All in all, I think she handled it like a champ . . . and she slept 10 hours that night, which this mama didn't mind at all.

In other news . . .

We have begun celebrating Halloween in the C House.

We got Carly's costume. Its quite simple, but she'll look adorable.

No, I won't tell. You'll just have to wait for Halloween.

Carly is improving on the tummy time front. I sometimes think she will walk before she crawls because the loves to stand and take "steps", but hates being on her tummy and pushing up. Also, her mom always forgets to do tummy time, giving her little chance to practice so she can "be all she can be." But we're both getting better, and Dr. P said she was right where she should be.

And last but definitely not least in my book,
Carly slept in her crib in her room last night.
I haven't slept that good in, well, two months and 4 days.
She did great and slept through the night pretty much.
I don't think she notices a huge difference since she is still swaddled.
She seemed to like it just fine;-)
Chris missed her in our room.
I didn't. (Is that bad?)

Well, Chris proposed his thesis. He did a superb job, but needed to make a few adjustments. He took a break while families were in town for Carly's blessing (to be blogged about soon!) but then proceeded to spend 14 hours on campus on Monday. Hopefully things will be slowing down for him in a week or so.
~
I got my haircut. It was glorious, as my parents watched Carly during it. I got bangs, but they aren't too drastic. I think I'll go a little more drastic next time around. I also went shorter, but tried to avoid a hard-core "mom" haircut. I just had really dead ends and needed a fresh start.

5 comments:

Laura and family said...

Hmmn, what is a colon check? Never heard of that, especially on a babe?

I called Aaron when Gabe was 3 months old and said "I evicted him! and that's that!" and hung up- I was so stressed and tired... ha ha! Too bad he didn't sleep through the night until he was 7 months, you're way ahead of the game! Go Carly!

Erin_C said...

haha. i figured she was sleeping through the night most night, so might as well be sleeping in her crib, right. she's an awesome sleeper and fussy eater, so we all get our battles I guess. honestly, I prefer the sleep!

Carly had been a bit "plugged up" a few times. i was pretty sure it was corresponding with the times I'd given her formula, but doc wanted to check her to make sure her colon was normal, whatever normal is.

Laura said...

Oh I have a lot to comment. Carly really is the cutest. I mean really. I know people say that about babies and all (or most) babies are cute. But Carly is especially cute. Also, I was going to ask you what you're going to dress her up as for halloween, but I guess I will wait. Trunk or treat?

AND on Sunday I was sitting up on the stage with the primary and Todd Morgenegg (5 yrs oldish) asked me why the baby (Carly) was wearing all white (right before her blessing). I explained it to him and he said "she looks like an angel". ha. so cute.

Ok that's all for now!

Laura and family said...

ohhh gotchya! good for the dr for knowing how to tell, ha ha!

yeah, carly is great. i can't wait to meet her :) so, so cute.

gabe didn't sleep and refused to eat until he was on solids, never wanted bottles/refused to nurse but thankfully he likes soy milk and sippie cups (ONLY with a straw- apparently the other kind is too similar to a bottle and is traumatizing for him, ha ha)

hope to see you soon! we close in 2 weeks and move soon after!!

Cami and Juan said...

She is so cute all swaddled in her crib. Her crib looks so big compared to her small body.