Monday, October 5, 2009

Conference Sunday

There are few things more delicious than General Conference Sunday. There is nothing better than hanging in pjs, snuggling in bed, making a large unhealthy breakfast, and listening to the servants of the Lord speak His words right through your home computer. How blessed can we get?


We started Conference Sunday off right.

Carly hung out in her swing . . .

while mamma and daddy got cooking.
It was a chilly morning (finally!), so we broke out the long pjs
(Chris is the one with the polar bears).
I looked rather glamorous as I mixed gluten-free pancake mix.
Our feast required all four burners . . . . . . and turned out absolutely magnificent.
Then snuggle time commenced.
And we spent the afternoon taking a nap (well, Carly did).

We listened too, even though a suddenly active nearly 2-month-old made it difficult (as did the fact that our English feed suddenly switched to French). But wasn't it great? The parts I heard certainly were, and I look forward to reading the rest. My favorite was Elder Holland on the Book of Mormon. I find myself picking Elder Holland as my favorite just about every Conference. I'm grateful for the chance we have twice a year to spend a day in bed with the ones we love and hear what God has to say.

I love Conference Sunday.

(p.s. Conference Saturday is great too, just not always quite as relaxing).

1 comment:

The Fishers said...

Hey, you know Owen and I are always up for big breakfasts if someone wants to invite us... ;)!