Tuesday, March 2, 2010

an inside day.

Today we woke up to this.
What? Its March. One of the greatest perks about K-ville is the fabulous weather. But this week the weather has gone from cold to all-out lousy. I wondered this morning if it would be an inside-all-day day.
~
I don't like inside-all-day days. I start to get cabin fever and get a headache around 1 or 2. So all morning I was determined that, despite the weather, it would not be an inside-all-day day.
~
I was in hyperdrive. Feed-bath-nap-shower-ready-feed-eat . . . sometimes it feels impossible to get out. Like there is always something else to do. I started to get frustrated. Then Carly was completely not participating at lunch, and cried because she was hungry but refused to nurse. As my impatience built, a question popped very loudly into my head. "Why is it so very important that you get out this afternoon? Important enough that you get impatient with your perfect daughter?"
~
So we had a change of plans.
New plan?
Play-jump-read books-sing songs-large warm bottle of mama milk.
All the things Carly loves most.
Some days I need to remember to take a chill pill.


I need to remember she grows too fast.


I need to remember to cherish this.


~


As fate would have it, after Carly's bottle she fell asleep and we made it out after all.
We ran to Walmart to get a few groceries, and had fun picking out some cute $1/yd fabric and chatting it up with the really nice fabric lady.
And when we got home there was a package from Carly's Queen Mum waiting for us.
We love packages from the Queen Mum.

And best of all . . . Daddy came home early today. Carly was a big fan.

It was a good day.

3 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

I cannot get over her beautiful big blue eyes with perfect eyelashes. Sounds like a wonderful inside day.

And PS, I remember that you basically picked her birth date. Awesome how that worked out!

Karen Thomas said...

a perfect day.

Rachelle said...

Erin, just found your blog, and glad I did, she is so cute!! I love that you can see her tooth!