Sunday, February 28, 2010

the place to be.

The place to be during Sunday School if you are a baby girl?
Carly's blanket.
~
We have a lot of baby girls in our ward. The last few Sundays I have been putting Carly on the floor with some toys so I can try to catch some of the lesson. Afton and Ainsley toddle and crawl to join her and see what kinds of goods she has. Carly just stares at them walking and crawling like "hey, how do you do that!" She is starting to attempt getting up on her hands and knees. It results in a face plant every time, but I'm sure it won't be long before she is crawling along with the girls.
Yes I snapped a picture during Sunday school. Couldn't resist.
We had a fabulous weekend. Saturday we took a long walk at our park and then in a nearby neighborhood that had gorgeous houses. Carly slept the whole time and it was so nice to have an extended conversation with Chris. We talked about all sorts of things, and analyzed which houses we liked and why. We are excited to be first time homeowners (fingers crossed).
Saturday night we headed out to dinner using a gift card Chris's mom sent us for V-Day (thanks!). And you know what? Carly slept through that too. We didn't even know what to do with ourselves.
And today was a great day at Church followed by a relaxing afternoon with a beautiful and happy baby and a successful webcam visit with my parents (the webcam doesn't always cooperate). Carly is in bed and now we are watching the bizarre closing ceremonies and eating hamburgers (healthy 10 pm snack, don't you think?). Do we have to go back to the real world tomorrow?
~
A few other snippets:
~
I'm so sad the Olympics are over. There are few things as fabulous. Chris asked me if there was any sporting event I would watch over the Olympics. Nope, nothing. He said the World Series if the Cubs were playing. Sounds about right.
~
I love etsy. I just discovered it. Why didn't anyone tell me about it? I'm not a buyer, just a looker, but I see a lot of things on there that I would love to try to copy someday. Something like this will be first.
~
Did y'all watch the gold medal hockey game. It was high quality entertainment. I was torn as an American but a Penguins and Sidney Crosby fan. In overtime I said, "Wouldn't it be cool if Sid made the gold medal winning goal?" And 10 seconds later he did. We jumped and screamed. It reminded me of this night. We jumped and screamed then too. But Carly was inside the womb back then and didn't get quite as frightened.
~
I liked this. Its a nice thought before we head into swimsuit season.
~
Good night.

4 comments:

Laura said...

We watched the hockey game too! Only we were sad that USA lost. But it was a good game and we still got silver and I think silver is prettier anyways. :)

Seriously I hope our baby is as cute as Carly. I just think she is the cutest thing.

Cami and Juan said...

Carley was a sleeper this weekend, it's almost like you had a few pre-baby moments with Chris. How nice!

Lisa C said...

The 'Carly's Blanket' picture makes me think of the old cartoon "Rugrats", where all the babies are sitting around talking.

Lanenga Family said...

Glad you and Chris enjoyed a nice conversation. It's funny how it's so hard to carry on a conversation sometimes. Carly's a popular gal!