Sunday, August 29, 2010

going green.

Since Chris had a break from his super-exciting orientation on Friday, Carly and I journeyed up to campus to check things out. MSU's campus is a lot bit beautiful, nestled in the middle of a forest with a river running through it. We walked the path along the river from Chris's building to the bookstore. It was a beautiful morning in a beautiful place.
I am loving Michigan. I can't really explain. Knoxville was a nice place. We made some wonderful lifelong friends there, and it was a great two years. But it always felt like a step along the way. Chris's Masters degree was a good one, but he probably could have gotten a similar degree at a few other locations. Why did the Lord take us to Tennessee? I think I know now. Chris's thesis advisor at UT was a MSU graduate. Shortly after our ultrasound with Carly, Chris felt strongly that he wanted to do research on the positive effects of exercise on pregnant women. He talked to his advisor about it, and the advisor's advisor at MSU (following me?) happened to be one of the leading researchers on exercise and pregnancy. And he happened to be coming to UT to give a guest lecture. Chris met him then, and then applied to MSU unsure whether or not he would get in to study with such a distinguished researcher. But he did. And we are here. Where I know we are supposed to be. In a place that I feel more at home in than I have in a long time. This is the place. Tennessee was our path to reach Michigan. We wouldn't have found it any other way.
I feel very blessed.

4 comments:

Lauren Davison said...

Crazy how life works out, huh? :)

Laura said...

Oh and don't forget you HAD to come to TN to meet US of course!!! :) I'm glad you guys are enjoying your new home and settling in. Love how things work out.

Lanenga Family said...

Cute pics--looks pretty! Glad you are once again settled.

Cami and Juan said...

I just love the midwest. And it is SO green, it's beautiful. Almost worth missing out on the mountains, but only almost.