Friday, August 6, 2010

just a trim, please.

We have a little tradition, my mom and I, that we roll out of bed and go get our haircut whenever I'm in town.
I fly across the country to go to our wonderful Elizabeth, because apparently no one in Kville knows how to cut hair for a reasonable price . . . or for an outrageous price.
So I come home and we go see Elizabeth and we bring Carly and she plays with the kids.
This time Kasee even came, and we got a whole spa girls morning out.
~
Anyway, Carly's hair is getting long. Its a beautiful disaster, to be sure, and something we love about her. But Elizabeth mentioned that if we gave her a little trim, it would grow in fuller and healthier. So I called Chris and he said he was fine with it (honestly, he wondered why I even called him . . . ) and she got her very first Elizabeth haircut. 
Just a little trim.
~
She sat still for about a minute and a half, then began to wiggle and try to escape in any way possible.
She is clever, that girl. 
She figured if she climbed up in Elizabeth's arms, she would have to quit messing with her hair.
But we persevered, and Carly came out with a slightly less chaotic head of hair.
Elizabeth saved some clippings for Carly's baby book.
It was a little emotional for me, thinking she was big enough for her first trim.
The first of many to come.
~
Carly's not the only one who got a haircut.
What do we think of my new bangs?
I'm still on the fence.

p.s. We are loving us a whole lot of family time in Idaho.
It goes too fast.
xoxo.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I like the bangs! A lot! Can't wait to see you guys next week!!!

sam and kyrsten said...

thumbs up on the bangs!