Friday, August 27, 2010

sideways stories.

We went to the nearby park the other day and, I kid you not, our Wild Thing climbed up the entire slide all on her own. She is wild. And strong. She didn't like going down, but she sure loved going up.
I just love this. Proof of the aforementioned old bib she likes to wear.
We call it her Superbib.
~
We went to a little get-together last night for Chris's program. We met a great deal of wonderful people, as well as some llamas, sheep, and bunnies. A nice thing about this program is it is a bit like an extended family. We are excited to be a part of it. And Carly was a huge hit. She always is. Even at Lowe's today the child walked up and down the isles knocking things off the shelves and smiling and waving at her adoring fans as they told her how pretty she was. Anyway, we're at this party last night and out of the blue this girl asks "So what ward are you guys in?". Ummmm, where am I again? At the Michigan State party, right? I'm a bit thrown off, but I awkwardly answer her question. Later the story comes together. She saw my CTR ring, had heard someone joking about Chris going to a bar, heard we went to BYU, I was from Idaho, and we are younger and married and have a kid. This girl is not dumb.
Anyway, turns out she is LDS as well, just returned from a mission, and is in two classes with Chris.
Its nice to have that connection, even if she is a Redwings fan.
~
Oh, and how about a girl from my graduating class is in our new Ward here?
I saw her in sacrament meeting and couldn't believe it.
Small world.
~
Our home is slowly but surely coming together.
There will be pictures when its all done in about a month.
~
Its 2 am.
What in the world.
~
Have I mentioned yet I'm pretty sure I'm a Minnesota Twins fan?
As an Idahoan I pretty much feel like I can pick any team I very well please to be a fan of, though I do avoid bandwagon teams at all cost (Yankees, Laker, you know.)
As for the Twins?
You see, we started getting to know each other a while before the All-Star break, and everything is going so well. Our relationship has been getting pretty serious and all the sudden I'm DVRing their games when on TV and watching the dots on ESPN.com when they're not. They are so fun. They have great stories. I like a team with great stories and nice boys. Thats how I fell for the Penguins.
A few final signs that showed our relationship was fate?
Their brand new field is Target Field, and Target happens to be my favorite store on earth.
Their All-Star catcher, Joe Mauer Power Hour, well I could write a whole blog on him, but most important, other than he only struck out once his entire high school career, is that his middle name is Patrick.
Joseph Patrick Mauer.
And my boy Sid?
Sidney Patrick Crosby.
And my eternal comp?
Christopher Patrick C.
Its fate, you see.
And it doesn't hurt that Mauer Power looks like this:
I'm just saying.
~
Did you know my husband is a super hero?
I always knew.
But he keeps reminding me.
Like how its now 2:15 am and I'm still blogging and he is doing the dishes.
I won quite the prize when I caught him in my snare.
I sure love him
~
I'm freezing.
It gets cold here in Michigan at night.
Quite the phenomenon.
~
Goodnight.
Or morning.
xoxox.

2 comments:

sam and kyrsten said...

great post. i LOVE target too. my absolute favorite!

Tedi said...

If you ever want to come to a Twin's game, you have a place to stay!