Tuesday, August 24, 2010

my toodler.

Stacey, remember when you said "toodler" in your Facebook status?
I always call Carly my toodler now.
Thank you.
~
Yesterday was fabulous.
Today was insane.
I'm tired, and the boxes won't go away.
Anyone want to babysit my hyperactive but beautiful toddler so I can get a few things done?
~
~
Carly is going through a clingy phase.
Its been going on since we began major packing in Kville.
She wants to be held all the time.
And if you leave a room she cries like you're going to pack her in box.
I'm trying to involve her in the unpacking of her room so she sees this is home.
It mostly results in a major mess.
~
But she loves sitting at the table and working on her computer.
She loves to pull the space bar off and laugh while I snap it back on.
She loves yogurt.
She screams in joy when we give it to her.
She loves this old bib from when Chris was a baby.
She wears it like a sash.
She loves, and I mean loves, being outside.
She brings me my shoes and points to the door when she wants to go out.
And its often.
She likes hitting rocks together because apparently it makes a cool noise.
She loves, and I mean loves, doggies.
She points and says "Dah-eee!"
~
~
She is so independent.
Just walks away from us without a worry.
When we were still in Indiana she was out in the garage pushing her umbrella stroller around (another favorite hobby). I decided to use reverse psychology on her to get her to come inside so I said "Goodbye Carly!" and waved goodbye and started to walk inside. She waved goodbye to me, and continued pushing the stroller out toward the street.
Crazy girl.
She is so cool.
~
P.S. We got new flooring in our entryway, bathroom, and kitchen today.
I'm a big fan.
~
xoxo.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

I saw your title and was thinking it was time for paybacks on the spelling. I guess the joke is still on me! haha. Aren't they fun though? Carly seems to have a lot of the same interests as Tayden. Good luck on the clingy stage. Stick it out, it gets better. But remember, one day they won't be your little toodler, so take the extra love and hugs while you can get it. Even it drives your crazy. ( I have to tell myself that every day!)

Becky said...

I'll come watch her!!! We'd have so much fun! Love you guys!

Taryn said...

When do we get to see the pictures of said new flooring? Along with the rest of the new place?! Your post and a trip to the zoo with friends makes me thankful to have an imobile child for a little while longer. Not to say it won't be fun when she does move, but a little easier when she doesn't :)

Laura said...

Oh I love your little toodler. :) She is so sweet. We miss you guys!