Sunday, August 1, 2010

what we do these days.

We play on boxes in our jammies. A lot.
We also take Elmo on rides with Dolly . . .
. . . then sit on him when we decide its our turn for a ride.
{And occasionally we wear clothes}
But mostly, we've been making final farewells here in Kville.
On Friday we made our last visit to a Smokies game.
Carly was exhausted that night, so we didn't last the whole game.
But I'll sure miss going.
And I'll miss the soft-serve ice cream in a baseball helmet.
And it was our last par-tay with Carly's Aunt Jenny in Kville.
We'll miss her too.
Saturday morning we planned our final visit to the Gluten Free Bakery.
Only to find out it went out of business two weeks ago.
Serious disappointment.
We went grocery shopping instead.
Our last trip to Kville's Walmart . . . hopefully.
~
We had our last hurrah with Ward friends, too, in the form of a DDR tournament.
Don't Chris and I look totally stressed?
It was my first ever time playing.
{Hope you don't mind I borrowed your picture, Bri}
But it was fun, and our wonderful friends sent us off with kind gifts.
We will miss them.
~
And today was our final day in our Ward.
We were lucky to witness our dear friends bless their little Eliza.
It was a beautiful blessing.
I've already called that Carly and Eliza will be pen-pals.
Ready for that, Laura?
~
I'm awfully torn. I'm so very excited to get on with things. To get to Michigan, get in our new home, get into a routine, get settled into our new ward, get Chris going in his program. So much is ahead of us, and I am looking forward to it with great anticipation. But this week was the first time I slowed down enough to look back at the years behind us. The wonderful years we have had here in Kville where we have learned so much, grown so much, and been touched by so many. What a bittersweet thing.
~
And as we continue to pack boxes, we also packed suitcases.
We are headed to the Promised Land tomorrow.
Doesn't Carly look ready to go?
She is excited to show off her walking skills to the Queen Mum and Granddaddy.
~
And finally, we've learned the great pleasure of splashing in the bath.
I missed her grand splashing and giggling.
But this is still cute anyway.
And yes, she goes down to take a drink at the very end.
~
p.s. Can you believe its August? Someone turns 1 this month, and it certainly isn't me.

3 comments:

Becky said...

I can't believe it, but she gets cuter every time I see a picture of her! Craziness! Have fun in Idaho, you guys, and we'll see you when you get up here!!!

Laura said...

Oh we will miss you guys so much! I do like the pen pal idea. We definitely need to keep in touch and visit each other one day. I'm sorry we missed the farwell party. Had no idea about it and we had made plans for Kase's birthday that day. We are totally up for spoiling Carly at her party. :)

Taryn said...

So darling. Stella and I are in Poky until the 10th so if you have anytime we should get together again :)