Sunday, August 15, 2010

gonna party like its your birthday.

I don't know if you heard, but Carly turned 1 last week. We were in Idaho the week before her birthday, so on the 7th we had a little birthday day for her, and of course to celebrate Sidney Crosby's birthday (ok, not really).
~
First, we headed to the Pocatello Zoo. The thing about the Pocatello Zoo is that is has only "indigenous animals", and therefore has goats, bison, elk, and birds. Their best show is two really old bears. But let me tell you, Carly loved those bears. She would squawk at them and wave and when we moved on, she kept pointing back and them to go see them again. No fear, that girl.
[At the petting zoo. That goat peed on my foot. I wasn't a fan.]
[Waving to her beary best friend.]
[Walking champ leading the pack]
That night we had a little birthday party for her. We blew up balloons and made cupcakes and invited my grandparents, aunt, uncle, and cousins over (did I mention my whole family was together except our dear missionary brother? it was fab.) Carly was oblivious to the party, I'm thinking, but she does thoroughly enjoy being the center of attention.
[We won't talk about how many of these GF cupcakes I ate]
[Star of the show]
[Reading her card out loud]
[Not sure about this . . .]
[Ok, now I'm sure.]
[Getting cleaned up.]
[With Carly's great-grandparents]
It was a fun little party and it was nice to get together and celebrate our girl.
It was the first of three birthday celebrations.
Three parties for making it one year?
Not bad.

1 comment:

Cami and Juan said...

How fun! A party with the whole family. I love her princess dress.