Monday, August 16, 2010

green-footed monster.

try to tell me she isn't the cutest thing you've ever seen.
i dare you.
~
We said goodbye to Knoxville on Friday. On Thursday we packed up the truck in the humid heat with the help of some friends from the Ward. Carly and I went to her final doctor's appointment, where her sweet doctor said how much she would miss us. I walked out wondering if there would be any other pediatrician I would ever enjoy more. During the entirety of our preparation to leave Knoxville I never cried. Until I drove away from that doctors office. Go figure.
~
Thursday night we cleaned. And cleaned. And cleaned. I officially decided we are growing old in this townhouse in Michigan, because I never want to move again. Ever.
~
Friday morning we said goodbye to our apartment. I sat on the floor and cried. But as we drove North out of Knoxville, I felt only excitement and peace. A good sign, I would say.
~
[Carly certainly loved the wide-open spaces]
~
For now we are in Indiana, as we can't get into our new place until Thursday night. It is nice to have these final days of nothingness before we start our new life, but I feel like we have been waiting, waiting, waiting so long. I can't wait to get home.
~
xoxo.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I'm not even going to dare...she IS the cutest thing I have ever seen. Good luck in Michigan, can't wait to hear all about it.

Unknown said...

Moving is no fun! Good luck with moving in. I always think it's easier than moving out. I'm glad you have a couple days to relax between moving out and moving in though.

Cami and Juan said...

Her hair is so cute how it just sweeps to the side and is so shiny. You are good to be blogging amongst all the moving. You are waiting to move in, then the unpacking begins. I too hate moving.