Friday, October 15, 2010

fourteen.

I don't think I've mentioned yet how I've been a sicky for the last week.
Coughing up a lung.
Sneezing up a storm.
All sorts of stuff.
I'm not a fan.
But luckily, all my handwashing and coughing into my shirt sleeves have spared Carly from the worst.
I seem to be a bit better today.
I didn't feel like dying.
But being sick when you're the mom really is no fun.
Cuz the Shmarly doesn't stop.
~
Anyway, to celebrate all sorts of things, from Carly reaching 14 months of life, to Chris coming home before 7, to me being taken off the disabled list and labeled day-to-day, we had date night.
How do you do date night when you are poor?
1-Bring the baby.
2-Eat dinner at home beforehand.
3-Order just small fries and milk shakes.
4-Watch the [free] MLB playoffs as your entertainment.
Bam. Date night.
~
{very serious about her cheese fries. see her new Frankenstein bib peeking through?}
{happy family date night.}
~
~
Did you notice I mentioned Carly is a whopping 14 months old?
At 14 months, our Wild Thing . . .

loves, loves, loves brushing her teeth.
I have to limit her to 3 times a day.

gets into everything.
She loves to empty things and disperse the contents.
Cupboards, drawers, purses, you name it.

loves Elmo.
Elmo's World is the only TV she watches.
And she points to him and squeals and says "hi!".
Then she just sits/stands and watches.
It is the only 20 minutes during the day where she is awake and still.
As long as she is sitting on my lap and I'm watching with her.

is still a generally lousy eater.
And a loud eater.
Screams a lot during meal time.
But if its something she likes (like cheese) she will stuff it all in her mouth at once.
I've been quite impressed with how much banana she can fit in that little mouth.

is still happiest outside.
Loves to push her stroller.
And go down the slide.
And meet doggies.
And say "hi" to strangers.

She can also identify her head and stomach:

And she is really good at saying "hi":

Though, she seems to think "hi", "da da", and "doggie" are the only words a girl really needs.
I can't get her to expand her vocabulary at this point.

She snuggles with dish towels.
I don't know why.
I'm planning on making her a small snuggle blankie.

She likes giving my stomach raspberries.

She likes playing soccer.
We kick her ball around our big kitchen.

She loves animals.
At the library there is this giant stuffed alligator.
She ran right up to him and said "HI!".
Like they were old friends who hadn't seen each other in forever.

She is ticklish on the back of her thighs.
Just like her daddy.

Every morning at breakfast she points to where the Rice Krispies are.
Her mean mommy never lets her have one, though.

She runs to her daddy and gives him hugs when he gets home.
And then makes him hold her for an extended period.

She gives the juiciest kisses.

She takes her sleep seriously.
When I try to kiss or give her snuggles she pushes me away like,
"just let me sleep!"

She is really, really, cool.

Yay for 14.
4 months until nursery.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Sorry to hear you were sick. I had a nasty cold lately too. Makes it hard to defend lawsuits--probably even harder to chase around a 14-month-old.

We love to hear about and see Carly's adventures! Turning into quite the little chatterbox. =) Cheese fries and Elmo--that's what life's all about.

Laura said...

She is just gorgeous. sorry you've been sickly. no fun. also, yummm cheese fries. ha.

oh and speaking of elmo. Elmo makes me think of grover which makes me think of grover doing the old spice guy thing. have you seen that? It's on you tube. look it up. Hilarious.

grover was my favorite.

The Apron Gal said...

love love love her. the clothes, the smiles. she is too cute. Elmo seems to make her pretty happy! Can't wait for Christmas! I do need more frequent posts though...I need more Carly!