Sunday, October 24, 2010

just call me auntie.

Look at this little lovely.
Her name is Shayla Jane.
She is Carly's very first cousin.
~
Shay was born on Tuesday.
Her adoption was finalized yesterday.
~
I'm not going to pretend I understand the emotions of this week,
the joy of finally having her home.
I do know we sent endless streams of prayers on behalf of her parents.
On behalf of Shay.
On behalf of her birthmother.
I know my heart pounded all day waiting to hear it was official.
I know I loved little Shay the first time I saw her little picture on my phone.
I know she was always supposed to be in our family.
I know she belongs with my brother Michael and his wife Camie.
~
We are so grateful Shay is here.
So happy for Michael and Camie.
They will be the most fabulous parents.
~
And Carly is seriously excited to have a cousin.
The first time she saw Shay's picture on my phone,
she pointed at her and said "doggy!"
{We are working on "baby"}
But that's a real term of endearment from her.
As my mother texted me the night Shay was born:
"Its a good day for girl cousins."
~
We are grateful for the miracle that is adoption.
~
Congratulations to Michael, Camie, and Miss Shayla.

6 comments:

The Gray Gang said...

Oh my word. That is awesome news. I have to tell my brother, JD. He will be so happy to know. So. Interestingly enough, we went yesterday to a temple sealing for our very best friends who just recently adopted a baby. My emotions were still running high from that. Reading this brought them all to the surface. What an amazing miracle adoption is.
So... you don't really know me, but I could pour my heart out to you right now, just because we both know what a miracle this was!!!!

Taryn said...

Oh wow! She is so cute. Adoption holds a special place in my heart and I know that it is the only way that some parents and children who are supposed to be together get that way.

It is also amazing how many people are effected by one adoption! Hope all continues to go well for the new little family from here on out!

Laura said...

Yay. That is so sweet. She is beautiful! I love when stories have happy endings/beginnings :)

sam and kyrsten said...

what a beautiful baby! she is so lovely! so excited for your family. we saw jason at the airport the day that she was born! you could tell there was so much excitement in your family! adoption is a miracle and we are so happy for you all! again she is beautiful!

Laura and family said...

how awesome!! thrilled for your family, erin.

Kirsta and Morian said...

Congrats on becoming an aunt! And super congrats to Michael and Camie! Yay for little girls!