Friday, October 29, 2010

little surprises.

First, thank you all for your sweet comments (and phone calls! ha!).
I'm really not as much of a wreck as I appear.
But isn't it great when you think you are all alone,
but then discover there are others just like you.
Feeling the same things.
Worrying about the same things.
Wondering about the same things.
I was talking to my mom on the phone and we talked about the passion thing.
She said its something that doesn't go away.
You devote your life to your children, and when they are gone, then what?
But she said passion doesn't have to be something big.
You don't have to save the world.
Just find what makes you happy.
Even if its spending time with your husband.
Or reading.
Or just being a good friend.
All too often we can find our passion in the little things.
{my mom is smart}
~
Anywho.
Want to know one of my favorite things about motherhood?
The little surprises.

Like when I put Carly down and went in to use the restroom and found . . .
my entire family waiting for me.

Or
when I went to do the dishes and found . . .
two giraffes in the utensil basket.
Both times I laughed quite hard.
~
My evening tonight is a husbandless one.
I will be spending it in the following fashion: 
gluten-free cinnamon sugar doughnuts
chocolate milk
a random yet so-far-so-good book from the library
and
the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Chris said it was me and Sid's date night.
~
And tomorrow I'm going to try to get Carly to wear a costume long enough to take a picture of it.
Seriously, there is screaming and yanking whenever I put any sort of costume-esque thing on her.
She may just be herself for the majority of our ward's Trunk-or-Treat.
But thats ok.
Because she is cute.

1 comment:

Karen Thomas said...

picture blocks on the toilet? priceless!

are the doughnuts from the people with the funny name? if so - they are fabulous. i am really missing baked goods since brady left.