Thursday, October 7, 2010

twenty four.

I turned 24 yesterday.
It was a nice day.
~
We had a picnic at the park with lots of friends.
It was warm and sunny.
And there were lots of bees.
But it was fun to spend the afternoon with friends.
~
{picnic time . . . decked out in our baseball gear for the playoffs . . .
her bow has baseballs on it. thanks Dore!}



 One friend brought me flowers.
I was sitting at the picnic table and she said "I brought you something. Let me go get it."
Her 3 year old daughter came and sat next to me and said, "My mommy got you flowers."
It was funny.
And sweet.
I'm grateful for the wonderful friends we have made here so quickly.
My birthday afternoon was a lazy one.
When Carly went down, I watched my guilty pleasure (Teen Mom, anyone?), and laid around and read Mockingjay when the UPS delivery man brought it to my doorstep (thanks again, Jenny!).
Of course, this left the house in ruins, but it was my birthday, after all.
~
Chris came home and brought me my fav, Jimmy Johns.
Then we scooted the couches back and played with lots of toys.
And built a fort.
And cheered wildly for the Twins.
Who almost won.
But lost.
Thanks for spoiling my perfect birthday, stupid Yankees.
~
{wild child}
 {just another day in paradise}
 {birthday fort}
I got cards in the mail, texts, emails, and, of course, the Facebook well wishes.
I felt well-loved all day. 
It was a relaxed {perfect} birthday.
~
~
P.S. Today I finally got Carly to sit long enough to let me put piggies in her hair.
Only took a cell phone, 3 pencils, mascara tube, and a blow dryer.
But, it makes her look all grown up, does it not?

7 comments:

Stacey said...

Sounds like the perfect birthday. I'm glad you had a great day. Your pictures are beautiful, I love them all.

Becky said...

Yay!!!! Hope you had a great birthday!!! Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!

Lindsey Rasmussen said...

Happy Birthday! (mine is on monday!) Sounds like a perfect day to me. And, I have to admit Teen Mom is so my guilty pleasure. My husband doesn't get it! Also- Carly is so so cute!

sam and kyrsten said...

HAPPY HAPPY birthday! it looks like a fun one! i love carly's pig tails! so cute!

Lauren Davison said...

The pigtails ARE darling! :)

Tedi said...

Happy Birthday. I'm glad it was a good one.

Laura said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful day!!! oh and i love me some teen mom. A friend of my sister-in-law actually ran into Gary and Amber while they were visiting pigeon forge a few weekends ago and sent us a picture of them ha ha. Pigeon Forge seems like the perfect place for them doesn't it. haha.