Tuesday, November 16, 2010

fifteener

{I hope y'all didn't mind my beautiful advertisement post yesterday. I got 50 free Christmas cards out of it. If you click on the link at the bottom, and write a beautiful post of your own, you can too. I've been wondering how we would afford Christmas cards, and that was a delightful answer.}
~
~
Miss Carly reached 15 months last week.
She had her 15-month check-up today.
First time with the new doctor.
Lets just say she had a totally psycho freak-out episode.
I've really never seen her like that.
She doesn't like being messed with.
And she has a lot of fire in her.
There was screaming and thrashing and hitting the doctor's hands away from her.
A lot of it.
The second we walked out the door she was perfectly fine.
I'm really hoping this doesn't become a trend.
~
But, the good news is she is healthy as can be.
She has a persistent cough, but her lungs are fine (which she proved quite well) so we'll just ride it out.
She weighed in at a petite 21 lbs 8 oz.
And about 31 inches tall.
{Though the thrashing made that one tricky.}
~
{beauty and her boots.}
~
Carly has become officially attached to/obsessed with dishtowels. All the recent pictures of her have one in them (like all those zoo pictures). Its pretty funny, though I'm sure the average person in Target probably wonders why she is carrying around a dishtowel. She often carries them around draped over her forearm with her elbow bent, like a butler. Hilarious. She still does the bib thing, but not as intense, except a few days there during the "transition". One laundry day she had 5 bibs on and was carrying a dishtowel on each arm. She tried to make her way up the stairs and I about died laughing.
~
She recognizes a lot of words, but isn't much of a talker. But she is very good at saying "hi", almost to a fault. She is rather distracting in Relief Society as she makes her way through the room saying "hi!". She recently started saying "Ooohhhhh!" when she drops something or makes a mess.
~
She is really smart.
She brings me the tv remote when she wants to watch Elmo (I DVR Elmo's World).
I can say things like "bring me your shoes" and she really will.
Except when I say "no" or "eat" she refuses to obey.
She loves her daddy.
They have fun running around and wrestling and screeching every night when he gets home.
In fact the word "da da" now pretty much stands for any person she loves.
Including me.
And pictures of Jesus.
~
When she eats, she will eat about anything.
Except she doesn't like potatoes.
What?
You have Idaho blood in you, and you don't like potatoes?
Her favs continue to be fruit and cheese.
She is classy like that.
{ravioli + toddler + dishtowel = big big mess}
~
Oh, she is a bottle addict.
Well, she has to have one to go to sleep.
So she has two a day, one before nap, one before bed.
I've cut all the others out.
Any suggestions for cutting out the final two?
~
She is super social with adults, but struggles with other kids.
At play group she kind of just stands and stares.
She spends all her time with adults, so its like other little people surprise her.
But she is getting better.
She is better now than when we first got here.
And nursery is three short months away (yay!).
But we do enjoy having friends play, nevertheless.
{Carly sharing her box with her buddy, P.}
~
She has a lot of personality.
A lot of life.
Brigham Young said,
‎"[Children] are so full of life that they cannot contain themselves . . . They have so much vitality in them that their bones fairly ache with strength".
Whenever I think Carly is too much, too crazy, too wild, too energetic, I think of this quote.
And I think of how I would never choose to have her any other way.
Love you, Shmar.

3 comments:

Becky said...

What a cutie! Love her to pieces! Sorry about the doctor's visit, though. Sounds like Car just wants to do her own thing!

Laura said...

She is so cute and fun. Love the dish towel thing, made me laugh. She is so blessed to be so vibrant and healthy and learning so much. What a little beauty.

oh and as far as the christmas card thing, you get first picks cause I got the idea from you! There are lots that I like. ha ha. Kase said to thank you for giving me the idea to make him look at all the cards. ha haha ha. he is sooo excited.

Rach said...

I saw this a while back and thought of people with red hair and wished so bad to trade my brown for red.

jealous of your head!

http://janalaurene.com/blog/silly-me/holiday-updo/