Monday, November 29, 2010

black-eyed pea takes the hoosier state.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.
We headed to Indiana.
We enjoyed a de-lish Thanksgiving dinner during Carly's naptime
(the girl doesn't eat anyway, right?).
We spent a whole hour and a half at Target on Black Friday, where I managed to get a scarf and a sweater and a necklace and a shirt for Carly and boots that I actually had to take back today because they were torn on the inside (boooo).
We went to Harry Potter.
(Can I just say I want Hermione's wardrobe for Christmas?).
We had a date night at Outback Steakhouse where they had a fabulous GF "Chocolate Thunder from Down Under" (or whatever it was called).
We talked a lot.
We laughed a lot.
We just like breaks from real life.
And we really really like family.
(B-I-G thanks to P & L for making all of the above possible)
~
I took one total picture the entire weekend.
And you can be sure any picture my MIL takes will be of Carly.
She had quite the weekend, with aunts and grandparents and toys and chairs and pianos and (gasp!) a doggy.
She did not want for attention.
Not that she ever does.
~
{the girl sure loved the piano}

 {with Aunt Jenny}
 {black-eyed sweet pea}
 Wait, I have to tell you this story.
The Children's Place had a sale on their mittens and hats, and Carly needed mittens so we were looking and I was trying to figure out what she would actually keep on her hands. Then I saw a bunch that had animal faces on them. Bingo. The panda even ears and a bow on its head that matched her coat. I'm sad I didn't get the matching panda hat. Might have to find one in Lansing and go see if its around.
But, I chose well, because she loves her panda mittens.
She even gives the pandas kisses:
 {with grandpa}
 {roaming the wild with Sam}
This poor pup endured a lot of Carly love,
including Carly trying to pick her up on several occasions.
 {beauty and the pandas}
 {so lovely}
Last but not least, while hanging with grandpa when we were at Harry Potter, Carly found a new fun hobby: pushing the little yellow chair all over the house. The scraping of the plastic on the tile became the anthem of our weekend.

Hope you all had a fab Thanksgiving.
And ate way too much.
xoxo.

4 comments:

Golden Girl said...

I LOVE the panda mittens! She is as cute as ever!

The Adamsons said...

Don't you just LOVE The Children's Place? We got the penguin mittens and hat for Pax! Love them!

Becky said...

Noooooo! The boots TORE??? Did you get new ones in exchange??? Anyway, we had a GREAT time with you guys, and anytime Carly wants to come and play on the piano with me again, just ship her on down! =)

Unknown said...

Carly has grown up sooo much in just a few months since I last saw her! It sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving Break! And I have to admit, I was thinking the exact same thing about Hermione's wardrobe during the movie. :)