Saturday, November 13, 2010

you make my heart sing.

I've been trying to come up with some good ideas for Carly for Christmas.
Both sets of grandparents have requested suggestions, and I'm a bit stumped.
Carly and I went walking the toy isles in Target (the one section in Target I don't frequent).
I went up the doll isle.
She wasn't interested.
The "play kitchen" isle.
Oh, my, they have the cutest play kitchen I already have my eye on for her 2nd birthday.
She didn't show a ton of interest in any of it.
(Though, I'm holding out hope she will grow into that girly stuff.)
But what gets her excited?
The animal isle.
She points all over and screeches and laughs and says "deeeeee"
("doggy", which has morphed into any animal at all).
The girl has a serious love for animals.
And its something we just love about her.
So when I heard the zoo here in Lansing was free in the winter starting November 1st, and when I took into account the Indian summer we have been enjoying (67 degrees, anyone?), I knew we had to go.
So, despite Chris's 4-5 hours of sleep each of the 5 nights before,
and Carly screaming at the top of her lungs while I put her pants and shoes on,
I drug them both to the zoo.
And we all loved it.
~
{Chris's favorite, the donkey's}
{Carly wasn't sure about being that close to a mid-meal tiger.}
{But she loved seeing Leo up close.} 
 {she made sure we didn't miss any of the animals.}
{more pointing.}
{taking a rest.}
The zoo had a big park attached and we enjoyed the leaves and warm sun.
It was a bit chillier than the rest of the week had been, but it was still beautiful.
And Carly is a pro at "crunching the leaves" under her feet.
(She will even do it when there aren't any leaves.)
{trying to escape mommy, as usual.}
 {beautiful day in michigan.}
~
Carly was in heaven.
So were we.
Oh, that Wild Thing.
She makes our hearts sing.

1 comment:

Laura said...

How fun!!! She is the cutest wild thing ever.