Thursday, November 18, 2010

items of unimportance.

Did y'all see my prince got engaged?
I was at Carly's crazy doctor's appointment when I got the text from my mom telling me the news.
I had an unusual amount of happiness going on, considering I don't technically know him.
But he was my prince for so long.
And I just felt that if love and happiness could prevail for dear William, then, by golly, I could survive this well-baby check-up from hell.
And love did prevail.
And I did survive.
It was beautiful.
~
But, honestly, how cute are they?

Kind of really excited for a royal wedding.
I'm a sucker for royals.
And a sucker for weddings.
I remember watching William's uncle Prince Edward get married when I was like 12 maybe?
And that wasn't even a big, grand royal wedding.
You better believe we will be having a royal par-tay that night.
But the wedding is in London, so it will be like 3 am here.
And if you come, you have to be quiet because I don't want to miss anything.
~
Carly wore her first whole ponytail the other day.
Tres cute.
It also got cold enough to necessitate her heavy winter coat.
Like her mother, she is not a fan.
I hate how bulky really warm winter coats are.
Then you go inside and you are so hot because the building is heated.
Such a hard thing, I know.
We had a stand-off, as she refused to put the coat on and I refused to let her go outside without it.
Guess who won?
Carly-37 , Mommy-1
Booyah.
{yes, the bib does have to hang outside the coat}
~
We have a little tradition of going to the library every Thursday.
They have giant stuffed animals at one of the libraries we go to,
and Carly really really loves them.
She particularly loves the monkey, who is significantly larger than she is.
She screeches and runs up to him and tackles him like he is an old friend.
Then she says "ah ah ah ah", because that is what a monkey says.
Then she carries him around.
Then she rips all the books off the shelves while mommy looks,
leaving several large piles for the librarians to put in the correct order.
I'm sure they love Thursdays.
I know I do.

~
We also have a little tradition of Carly watching Elmo's World every morning at 10:35 while mommy tries to look presentable to the general public.
A while ago, just before it started (its part of Sesame Street), they showed this.
Elmo and Ricky Gervais.
Maybe I've seen way too much Elmo in these last few months,
but I about died laughing.
~
Thats it.
One week from today I will be lying on the couch with a LARGE amount of sweet potatoes in my tummy while my in-laws entertain Carly.
Can I get a "yay!"?
Yay!
~
xoxo.

5 comments:

Taryn said...

Some days it seems like the items of unimportance are all that dominate my life...

And for some reason this royal wedding is making me rather happy as well. The $40 million dollar simple things in life :)

Becky said...

Oh gosh, she's cute. That thing with the monkey is hilarious. Is she developing a love for monkeys? Oh, and I want to come to your Royal Wedding party! And I promise to play with Carly while you sleep off the sweet potatoes...unless I'm sleeping off the stuffing...in which case, Grandma will step in. =)

Collin, Traci, Cam, and Alyssa said...

Celebrity lullabies is by far my favorite sesame street clip, we've seen it about a million times on youtube because my little guy just wants to watch something with Elmo, and my husband and I have found that celebrity lullabies never gets old. Hilarious.

Laura said...

Love the ponytail! I am so excited for thanksgiving as well. I loved going to the library when I was a kid. They showed filmstrips of books about curious george and it totally rocked.

Lisa C said...

Love the bib outside the winter coat! Love the pictures of the monkey. Thanks for great pictures. Can't wait to see you. And yes..... there will be mounds of sweet potatoes!!