Saturday, November 20, 2010

quarterly review.

We have officially been in Michigan for 3 months today.
Our report?
We love it.







Chris is doing well in his program.
It is hard.
It is busy.
But it is a good fit.
The right place.
~
We love our ward.
It is filled with such wonderful people.
And we have already made so many friends.
Sometimes it feels like we don't have the time to see them all as much as we would like!
The have embraced us.
And I hope they feel our love for them.
~
Its obvious the area is in economic decline.
More obvious here than I've ever seen in person.
But its a beautiful place.
~
Carly and I find lots of ways to stay entertained.
From parks and zoo's when it was warm,
to libraries and pet stores these days.
We have found some things to keep us busy.
All, of course, for free.
~
We have also managed to garner some real Spartan pride, already attending more sporting events (mostly thanks to the charity of others) here than we did our entire time at UT.
We are particularly fans of the hockey games.
Though, they are a bit more fun without Carly, to be honest.
But its all good.
Especially when friends help entertain her.




~
I've been homesick lately.
Missing my family a lot.
It feels like its been so long since I've seen them.
But this morning I was thinking, I'm not homesick, I'm familysick.
Because we live in Michigan.
We are Michiganders.
This is our home.
~
Lets see.
4 quarters per year, times 4 years.
That's 16.
1 down, 15 to go :)
I think I won't worry about it.
I think I'll just enjoy.
~
xoxo.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

We love your family and are so glad you are here!