Thursday, January 20, 2011

blackmail and other tidbits.

Someday, Carly is going to be 16 and totally smart and beautiful and all these guys are going to want to take her on dates. When they show up at the door you better believe we'll be waiting there to meet them and show them . . .
~
~
~
~
this little lovely.
This is how our week has looked.
See, told you it was slimy.
But things are clearing up, so after Carly's 3 day no-outside quarantine, she just might get to enjoy the 20 degree great outdoors tomorrow.
(Oh, and Chris couldn't believe I was mean enough to stop and take this picture. But seriously, how could I pass up an opportunity like that?)
~
~
A few other tidbits . . . 

*I'm loving the gym. Its such a nice escape. I'm always so much happier after I go. One time after I got home, Chris asked "why are you so happy?". haha. Great. But I do enjoy it, and yesterday I ran for 32 minutes straight. That's like a miracle for me and my bum knee. I don't think I've gone that long since high school. My goal was 25 minutes, because I had been going 20, and when I got to 25 I thought I can keep going! and then I got to 30 and I thought I can keep going! Then I got to 32 and I thought I'm going to pass out! I know . . . 32 minutes, big whoop. But it is a big whoop for me.
~
[Carly got to do plyometrics with Sidney Crosby]
~
*Since we've been quarantined I've spent the week with crazy hair and no make-up, in my pajamas. This has led to total slothdom and during Carly's naps I have been watching movies rather than doing something productive. After getting our new tv, we rediscovered the joy of movie watching. We try to do a "movie night" every weekend and turn out the lights and move the love seat right in front of the tv. Its fun. We also discovered we get a bunch of movie channels that show great movies. So occasionally we scan through and record any movies that look good on our DVR. Its like renting HD movies for free without leaving your couch. Awesome, I know. I also discovered our library has a great collection of good movies. This has led to me watching an unsightly number of chick-flicks/movies Chris would never watch: Bride Wars, Elizabethtown, Julie and Julia, The Proposal, W., 17 Again. And that's just this week. As a couple, we're currently half-way through Time Traveler's Wife, and just finished Sherlock Holmes, and The Invention of Lying is on deck. See, lots of movies. This is very usual for me, as I'm not traditionally a movie person. Oh, and Carly and I watched Cars on her sickest day. I forgot how funny that movie is. And the end totally made me cry.
~
[the mommy and the sicky watching the Pens lose tonight. lame.]
~
*Do we have American Idol fans out there? We usually wait until the final 16 or so to start watching. I actually hate the middle part when everyone first gets to Hollywood. But we watched last night to check out the judges and I must say . . . I like them. They seem to know what they are talking about more than the old ones. We'll see how I feel about them when the real singing starts.
~
[pointing out the "pree" things at the store]
~
*I've been having a crazy amount of dreams the last two weeks. Last week I had two per night every night. And they were all sad or freaky. I had a dream one night that we were driving and someone came and opened our car doors and robbed us. That morning when Chris kissed me goodbye when I was still sleeping I told him "I love you. Lock your doors." Fabulous. Another night I had a dream that Chris and I found out we cheated fate, and we were both supposed to have died in the World Trade Center attacks. So we had to go back in time and die in them, but since Carly already existed, she couldn't stop existing so she went back to her little baby state. Anywho, we had to decide whether we wanted her to die in the towers with us or go on living. We decided to have her die with us (oh, my gosh) but then when we got to the towers realized we forgot her. Anyway. We die in the towers, and spend the remainder of the dream watching Carly's whole wonderful life from heaven. I woke up sobbing, and when she woke up I hugged her extra tight, grateful we have her, and she has us. Ummm . . . intense, right? But I had another dream where I was in the twin towers and was responsible for getting Prince William and Kate Middleton out alive, but I didn't succeed and we sat in this room watching the plane come toward us, and William and Kate held each other tight right before we all died. Basically, if you want to have dreams about dying in the twin towers, make sure and watch the movie Remember Me with Robert Pattinson.
~
[kissing herself in the mirror. she's just that beautiful]
~
My poor Sid is still out with his concussion.
Its giving me major anxiety.
~
That's all.
If you made it through this post, you're a stalwart.
xoxo.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

1Love LOVE love the picture! Too funny. Hope she feels better soon. 2. Jealous about the gym, can't wait until I cam go. 3. Completely agree about American Idol. I was shocked how much I liked it. 4. Scary dreams suck. 5. I am a stalwart.

L said...

I so don't recommend the Invention of Lying....it's sacrilegious (in my opinion). And a LOT of blunt talk about basically everything. That is a hour and half of my life that I totally wasted.

I would have taken a picture of my child all snotty too. Don't feel bad.

Laura said...

stalwart i am. ok that is the most hilariously awesome picture. ha ha. your dreams are freaky. but last night i dreamed we were living on the titanic and preparing to die. sad day. hope carly is feeling better.

Golden Girl said...

That picture is much scarier than a shotgun when the boys come calling. Too funny. Feel better sweet Carly!

Bendixsen Family said...

HAHA Erin. I die every time I read your blog. I love it.