Friday, January 14, 2011

a few hours.

Our man got home just as Carly was waking up from her nap yesterday.
Then we got him for a few blissful hours until he was off on a church assignment.
Poor guy was exhausted, but we think he is fun to have around regardless.
~
I think I've mentioned before the man is a superhero. Last night Carly was screaming hysterically, and I went in to try to calm her and it didn't work. I had a splitting migraine, so Chris, just home from his church thing, sent me to bed and went in to rock her. Before escaping to my bed, I brought in a bottle, just in case he needed it. I found him on his feet, holding and bouncing her just like when she was a newborn, and he was the only one who could make her happy.
We love our man.
~
~
Thanks for your winter suggestions. Feel free to add any as you discover new and exciting things. I will try to do the same. Yesterday was hard. Spent most of the day on the verge of tears. So really, if we are going to not only survive but enjoy the present, I'm gonna have to snap out of that, right? I've got a running list of ideas, most of which I look at and say "oh, Carly would be too nuts" or "Carly is too young" or "that takes too much effort". Nope! No more excuses. We are gonna have fun this winter if it kills us.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Happy Weekend!
xoxo.

1 comment:

Lisa C said...

What a good daddy!! Who put all the stuffed animals on him?