Saturday, January 1, 2011

the view from here.

shortly before Thanksgiving, we ordered a shiny new TV.
after rocking our 20 inch tube for our entire marriage, we decided it was time for an upgrade.
and Christmas made that dream a reality.
but 5 weeks later, no tv.
oh there was the cracked one.
and the one that cost us our money but didn't actually exist.
but there wasn't a tv in my living room.
but 6 hours on the phone later, an official delivery date.
and tonight I sit watching the Winter Classic on our 42 inch Plasma.
she is a beauty for sure.
the view looks good from here.


















my living room is littered with toys.
Christmas treated Carly right.
she is so smart.
she is so big.
she is so wild.
she is so good.
looking at pictures from last Christmas, I wonder.
where did my baby go?
and what will she become in another year's time?
the view looks good from here.
























my mind can't quite comprehend we've reached 2011.
i vaguely remember welcoming in the year 2000.
i was a 7th grader at the peak of awkwardness.
i didn't know what 11 years could bring.
skipping and stumbling through high school.
finding love at the ripe age of 19.
a wedding.
a college diploma.
a husband.
a baby.
moving across the country once.
and then again.
learning so much.
still knowing so little.
we celebrated the new year with good friends, enchiladas and 7-layer dip, chocolate fondue, Scattergories, and sparkling cider.
what will I think when I look back on us 11 years from now?
the view looks good from here.




















i've got some shaping up to do.
i have deemed this year "The year of spiritual and physical fitness."
a former mission president where I grew up once said "The last days are not for the faint of heart and spiritually out-of-shape."
i wrote it down in my scriptures.
when you don't stay physically fit, you feel weak and tired. Like you aren't using your body the way it was meant to be used. Its the same way with your spirit. When you don't stretch it, push it, it feels weak and tired. Its not being used the way it is meant to.
i have only two personal goals this new year:
get physically fit.
get spiritually fit.
my body and spirit are yearning for both.

what a blessed year.
i can't wait to see what the next one brings.
the view looks good from here.

happy 2011.
xoxo.

2 comments:

sam and kyrsten said...

both great goals. its easy to overwhelm yourself with all the things you want to accomplish but keeping it simple and doing what you can to accomplish the big things seems like a great idea to me!

Unknown said...

Love, love, love your thoughts! I have similar goals. I'm so glad you were one of my young women leaders and that I know you!