Sunday, January 30, 2011

weekend roundup.

I spent Saturday morning here:
The House of the Lord looked extra beautiful in the new-fallen snow.
I love how you walk into the temple with questions and confusion,
and walk out with answers and clarity.
Works every time.
~
~
Today started off as a blissful Sunday.
Carly was actually good during church.
I was taught in Relief Society (this talk; its fab).
And it actually went well.
I was cruising home in the car with Car, and pulled into our complex.
And so did a cop with flashing lights.
You've got to be kidding me.
He pulls me over.
Does the whole:
"License and registration and proof of insurance, please."
"Where are you coming from?"
("Church" I reply. "Oh . . . ." he says.)
"Do you know how fast you were going?"
I hand him my stuff.
Turns out my proof of insurance was expired.
I frantically search for the new one.
I don't have it.
The cop is back at his car and I become frantic.
Can he arrest me for not having it?
I start sobbing.
{Oh, yes, I did.}
And not to get out of the ticket.
I don't know how this cop thing works.
Its against the law not to have it insurance.
Cop comes back and notices me sobbing.
Hands me an outrageously priced ticket with two citations:
1) speeding.
2) no proof of insurance.
Then he informs me he did me a favor.
Since I have an out-of-state license, he should have taken it.
Ummm. . . really?
Love you Michigan, but that is a whack law.
Especially for a state with major universities.
Anywho.
Guess where Carly and I get to go in the next 10 days?
Oh, just court.
With proof of insurance, so we don't have to pay half of the outrageous ticket.
I started out really scared.
Then got really annoyed.
Now I'm beyond mad.
You know. Its the end of January and this cop who was probably younger than me is trying to make a quota after a month of slacking off. Chris went home teaching later this afternoon and saw a cop in the same place with someone pulled over.
His name is Joshua.
And he is lame.
(that may not be the case at all. and I was totally speeding. but for now I choose to believe it.)
But I'm grateful he didn't arrest me.
~
~
Some weather reports guess we'll get up to a foot of snow this week.
Wish us luck.
~
xoxo.

5 comments:

Taryn said...

I am not a fan of Joshua. Good luck with the snow. I will pray for you.

Rebecca said...

hey I have been to court house downtown for my speeding ticket. hmm. They are not too bad really. Nice but distanced. Anyway, ask me about it sometime. I had a way high ticket too! Let me watch Carly for you. Not a place for little tikes:).

Lauren Davison said...

Oh man. Lame sauce.

Stacey said...

BOO JOSHUA! you are LAME!!!

Laura said...

ha so first shoplifting and now this? you are a wild child. j/k

but seriously the license rule is lame.