Friday, January 7, 2011

the wounded.

On Tuesday, Carly and I went to playgroup.
It was all fine and dandy.
On our way out, a friend and I stood chatting in the empty parking lot of our church while our two Carlys ran around. My Carly caught her shoe on the pavement, and went down like a felled tree.
The parking lot caught her face's fall.
I picked her up, and was actually quite surprised to find her mouth gushing blood, and a lovely piece of skin hanging off her lip. Another friend had a first aid kit, and got it for me. As she brought it over to help, her two-year-old climbed into the car and locked her out.
Smooth ending to playgroup, right?
(She was able to get him to unlock it shortly after she told me to leave.)
Anywho, I went home to Chris and after cleaning it up and calls to our moms (we're still rookies), we concluded she didn't need medical attention.
Just nice and skinned up.
And really swollen.
People pay good money for lips that size.
I did, however, get the honor of cutting off the strip of skin, which was now dead and dried out.
Now we are just trying to keep it clean.
It has since scabbed over.
It was looking good until today at the library when she walked straight into a wall of glass and ripped half the scab off, causing it to bleed again.
Oy vey.
~
Chris's aunt suggested we wrap her in bubble wrap.
I just might take that into consideration.
~
The Winter Classic was on Saturday.
I was so excited all day.
Chris even made me my very favorite corn chowder.
And it was awesome (the game and the chowder).
It just would have been awesomer if my Pens had won.
And if my boy Sid hadn't come out of it with a concussion.
They say he'll be back in a week.
Here's hoping.
The Pens just aren't the Pens without 87.
~
Lastly, my legs hurt.
If you recall, one of my 2011 goals was physical fitness.
I decided to actually put my talk into action, and found a nearby gym doing a special for not-a-lot per month. So I decided if I cut out my random little Target buys (good-bye, clearance rack) then that would be about how much the gym would cost. So Carly and I will have to find a new hang-out, but I get to go to the gym!
I'm loving it.
But I haven't had a steady workout routine since before I got pregnant with Carly.
So my legs hurt.
Really bad.
My ultimate goal is to look something like Gisele Bunchen.
Though, I'm flexible on that.
~
Happy Weekend.
xoxo.

4 comments:

Michael said...

Ouch! I hope all three of you feel better soon. Especially poor Carly with the glamour wound--I am not looking forward to Shayla's owies.

Rebecca said...

Yea for exercising! Wish I could still do it. What gym?

Karen Thomas said...

giesele may have you on height. but you are way cuter.

carly is right on schedule with her bumps and bruises. it's just hard to watch.

Unknown said...

Ouch! When Ben was about four, he climbed to the top of a jungle gym at a park, tried to slide his body through and jump to the ground, and ended up falling forward right on his face.

He had a pretty darn puffy mouth like poor little Carly. We called them his hot dog lips. :)