Monday, February 14, 2011

just another man-eating monday.

[i had a friend in high school who genuinely thought that's how the song went]

Last week, Car and I sat in her tiny chairs to make her doting grandparents a few valentines.
She is rather good with stickers.
In fact, when we use them, I end up finding them in random places for days.
[sticker skills . . . p.s. her puppy shirt is to die for]

[in her festive outfit and bling after lasting all of nursery on just her second try. star.]

This Valentine's Day was dangerously close to being just another manic Monday.
This weekend was one of ominous foreshadowing.
Friday night, Chris got home around 8.
We did movie night, both totally exhausted.
Saturday he was at school until 2.
Then we fed the missionaries.
Sunday night was a fireside the stake was stressing the importance of.
It was in the evening so I went solo.
See how the weekend was shaping up?
Busy.
Not that romantic.
{boo hoo, right?}

[the Valentine's Cupid brought Carly a red Ford Mustang.]

Mondays Chris is at school until 8.
So I decided to salvage our V-Day by taking Carly on a lunch date.
Then I thought some friends might want to join us.
We had 5 adults
4 kids
2 babies
and a partridge in a pear tree.
(for the record, I put Carly in the kid category. yep.)

Poor Applebees didn't know what hit them.
And we left all sorts of wreckage in our wake.

[mommy-daughter date]

Carly and Camilla.
Camilla's month-old Kennedy slept through the whole thing.
Rude, right?

[Jessica, Vance, Elaine]

[me and my little valentine]

[Nichelle and Tennyson. he is seriously the sweetest thing]

[buddies: Tennyson and Carly]

It was a grand old time.
But I forgot how insane it is to take Carly to a restaurant.
She is wild.
~
We spent the afternoon relaxing and watching Toy Story 2.
We made dinner.
We made daddy a Valentine.
Then there he was.
Our Valentine.
Home a bit early, carrying a chocolate milkshake.
I love that man.

We'll be sending our Love Day out with cupcakes and a movie.
Chris finally, finally, agreed to watch "The Way We Were".
One of my all-time romantic favs.
It is Valentine's Day, after all.

Hope your Love Day was lovely.

No comments: