Tuesday, February 1, 2011

t is for tuesday.

I got Carly these alphabet flashcards.
Probably a little advanced for her.
But she can say "ABC".
She just has no idea what it means.
~
Its been a good Tuesday.
I got up and went to the gym today since Chris can go in a bit later on Tuesdays.
Between prepping my lesson, going to the temple, and Chris being a little extra busy, I haven't been in a full week.
Why in the world does it feel like its been a year when its only been a week?
Its like starting all over.
My body felt so tight and my lungs all burny.
That's lame.
That will teach me to take a week off again.
~
Then Carly and I headed over to visit Camilla and Kennedy.
We're really good visitors.
Carly promptly ate all their food, spread their dishtowels around, and followed Camilla around screaming for her to pick her up.
Then Camilla made us lunch and Carly dumped salt all over the table.
See what good friends we are?
But while Carly caused havoc, I got to snuggle with this little lovely:
Isn't she de-lish?
Its easy to forget how sweet and peaceful they are when you have a toddler running around.
Carly is sweet with her, pointing to her nose and waving and saying "bebe!".
She even put the binkie in her mouth.
Car seemed like she wanted to hold K, but as soon as I put her on Carly's lap, Carly pushed her off.
For about 10 seconds I held both Carly and Kennedy, and it took about that long for me to realize I will never ever be capable of having two children.
I'll have to get my newborn fixes from baby K.
~
The mitten is prepping for the storm of the century.
Reports guess 12-18 inches of snow.
Chris's school even got canceled, which is a genuine miracle.
We needed a few basics, so Carly and I headed to the grocery store this evening.
We were there with 1,000 of our closest friends.
Luckily it didn't take us too long to make our way through.
But I'm kind of excited to see if this actually plays out.
Two years of Tennessee snow panic has turned me cynical.
There, people rush to the grocery store when 1/4 inch is expected.
So I'm hoping for a good foot or so.

We'll be spending the next few days in our princess chairs,
with JoJo, Toby, Monkey, and two dishtowels,
watching Dora.
[yes, they all have to be right next to her, but not in the chair with her]
~
Stay warm.
xoxo.

1 comment:

Cami and Juan said...

I hope you survive! We are getting the cold here but not the snow. At least you get some fun days inside.