Tuesday, January 31, 2012

bullet points.

[Carly and Frosty during Christmas break.]

  • We almost moved. Well, not almost. But kind of almost. A three-bedroom townhouse opened up two doors down from us. Oh, so tempting. Too bad rent wasn't a bit less. But I guess now we won't be moving when I'm 37 weeks pregnant . . . or in the hospital. Ha! There are perks to things not working out.
  • I'm so over "potty training" and ready for Carly to be "potty trained". Does that ever happen? We're at a month and Carly is pretty much a pee pro, but still won't go #2. It is a huge traumatic fiasco every time. Don't know how many more times I can handle it. And no, rewards don't work. And she won't sit on the potty to watch tv or read a book. All she'll do is curl up on the couch in pain and beg to be carried around everywhere (which I won't do) and cry for hours. Until all hell breaks lose in her underwears. Sorry, graphic. It happened again this morning, and I'm just over it.
  • We set the crib up in our room. I'm washing baby clothes. My sweet friends are throwing me a shower next week. This is happening, and its happening soon.
  • Chris and I went on a much needed date on Saturday. A nice family in our ward offered to watch Carly, nevermind that they have 10 kids of their own. They live outside of town a ways, so we decided to go to a little nearby town and shop the little small-town shops. Turns out small towns close down at 5:30. We ended up spending an hour and a half at dinner, and an hour and a half at the ice cream place. But it was nice to spend time with my man. We don't get a lot of time together. And I feel like I'm a ticking timebomb of chaos. So an evening of calm was nice.
  • I went to the hospital to pick up a breastpump the lactation consultant is loaning out to me (yay for not having to buy one!) and had two people wish me luck on "having my baby". Really? I'm just going to waltz in there in my jeans with my little purse all by myself and have a baby? Guess I can't blame them. I have a fabulous 40-week-sized belly.
  • Carly gave me her cough. It is lame. And coughing with two babies inside you makes you feel like your tummy might burst open. FYI.
  • It is the last day of January. Can you believe it? January usually drags on like some sort of torture device, but this one passed by quite quickly. I'm not about to complain. I need to get some Valentine's cheer in our house. And cake. We need cake in the house. Stat.
Life is good. 
xoxo.

3 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

My sister potty trained her little boy and for months would put a pull up on him for nap time and bed time. He always chose that time to poop. But it was only 1 diaper a day so she didn't mind. Eventually he realized it was uncomfortable and took the initiative himself to poop on the toilet. Just letting you know that it wasn't the end of the world for him to not be fully potty trained all at once. Every kid is different.

Alixa said...

Jenna just started pooping in the potty consistently and on her own. It had been three months since we potty trained. There is hope. I was so over it, too. But then one day she just decided she would do it. I dont know if that helps.

Laura and family said...

We had friends over yesterday and their daughter just turned 3. Her mom said she STILL refuses to poop on the potty but can occasionally get her to go. :( I have another friend who potty trained her daughter the same time you did Carly and again, same issue. You aren't alone!